Discussion Am I the only one that find cases with glass windows and flashy looks unattractive?

Oct 12, 2019
When I see modern pc cases on the market I always see over the top cases with big expensive rgb lightning and ugly glass windows on the sides which I find very unappealing because it feels like it's just there so you can see all the powerful parts inside of it which I don't really see the point of using besides bragging about how powerful that pc is and besides I find the internal parts fairly unattractive to look at so I want to hide them as much as possible .

This is why I would prefer using black cases that have a simple and bold design with no glass windows so that you just see the case and nothing else.

The benefit is that it creates the illusion you are not using a very powerful computer which is not the case when using a flashy and expensive case that just blatantly says "Look at how powerful and expensive I am "

This more simplistic design is more similar to how computers used to look like back in the days of the 90's and early to mid 2000's when personal computers always used cases with no windows and just a plastic or metal cover.

I have a dell dimension e521 desktop computer from 2007 that has this type of design and I just love how it looks because you don't see these types of cases anymore.

What is your opinion on cases without glass windows and am I the only one that feels this way about modern pc cases in 2020? .

Reactions: Wilcal

Wolfshadw

Titan
I agree with you. My PC case sits under my desk. I can't even see it as I'm typing this, so glass siding, RGB lighting would be pointless for me. I think what irks me the most is people who have extremely limited budgets,, but still insist on bells and whistles. Somewhat counter to your thoughts; they include them to make the system look better than it really is. To me, it's like having a Corvette body and a Chevette engine.

-Wolf sends

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm in the same boat/plane/whatever with you!
Performance first, aesthetics 'MEH'!
The side window, especially the full glass/acrylic one, was one of the worst things to happen to PC chassis.

I think what irks me the most is people who have extremely limited budgets,, but still insist on bells and whistles.
~Ooh, I agree with this so much. They want to eat at a steakhouse at fast food prices.

Then you have people that do manage to get their glass and rainbow vomit chassis for cheap, only to come here or there, asking about operating temps or other performance issues caused by high thermals...

MauriCat

Prominent
May 26, 2020
When I see modern pc cases on the market I always see over the top cases with big expensive rgb lightning and ugly glass windows on the sides which I find very unappealing because it feels like it's just there so you can see all the powerful parts inside of it which I don't really see the point of using besides bragging about how powerful that pc is and besides I find the internal parts fairly unattractive to look at so I want to hide them as much as possible .

This is why I would prefer using black cases that have a simple and bold design with no glass windows so that you just see the case and nothing else.

The benefit is that it creates the illusion you are not using a very powerful computer which is not the case when using a flashy and expensive case that just blatantly says "Look at how powerful and expensive I am "

This more simplistic design is more similar to how computers used to look like back in the days of the 90's and early to mid 2000's when personal computers always used cases with no windows and just a plastic or metal cover.

I have a dell dimension e521 desktop computer from 2007 that has this type of design and I just love how it looks because you don't see these types of cases anymore.

What is your opinion on cases without glass windows and am I the only one that feels this way about modern pc cases in 2020? .
I have fractal design define c its a Black case and If you want you can open The top of that case and Look inside but. Its like The Black case you mentioned about i dont really Care about The looks especially when i dont use much money on my pc. Didn't Look how you case was looking but im Happy with my define c .of course you can buy glass panel to my case but no i Will never buy haha.