[SOLVED] Am using a FreeSync monitor with 144hz refresh rate but the range is 35~90Hz , if I change that range will it damage my monitor?!

dfox79

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
My monitor is the ASUS MG279Q with FreeSync range 35~90Hz and my Video card is an ASUS RTX2070Super, I have been reading posts and solution to expand that range using multiple ways but the most common one is using CRU to mode the monitor range and it seems to work fine for many people, my concern here is will this range modifying could or will damage my monitor in some way on the long run or not?!

Solution
It's a shame Asus didn't extend Freesync range to maximum frequency, as is usual practice with a lot of monitors. It's just dumb by Asus.

There's quite a few posts about customising the range on this monitor so couldn't see how it would damage it in anyway. It's not like you're overclocking the Hertz.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It's a shame Asus didn't extend Freesync range to maximum frequency, as is usual practice with a lot of monitors. It's just dumb by Asus.

There's quite a few posts about customising the range on this monitor so couldn't see how it would damage it in anyway. It's not like you're overclocking the Hertz.

Reactions: dfox79
Solution

dfox79

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012

I guess its not overclocking since the monitor is already 144Hz but I am worried about damaging it buy using CRU to unlock the Hertz.

JediMa

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
My monitor is the ASUS MG279Q with FreeSync range 35~90Hz and my Video card is an ASUS RTX2070Super, I have been reading posts and solution to expand that range using multiple ways but the most common one is using CRU to mode the monitor range and it seems to work fine for many people, my concern here is will this range modifying could or will damage my monitor in some way on the long run or not?!
I tried with few tutorial but the only result i got it's a black screen, at least with my 1070, soon i will buy a 2070s too, i hope that will work