Question Am4 backplate

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
I removed AMD stock cooler to install antec c400 and it is my first time to install a cooler I didn't find the brackets on the motherboard I am not sure if I installed the backplate properly I just put it on the back of the MB after that I installed the brackets from the other side I had to hold the backplate to stop it from falling until I install the screws of the mountings bracket is that the proper way to install it or I missed something I feel like that cooler is gonna fall on the graphics card

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
Could you please state the make and model of your motherboard, so our community members have context with what you're working with? Some boards don't come with a metal backplate. You could also provide images of what you're working with.
B550 aorus elite v2

KylerZ

Commendable
Apr 26, 2021
^ You don't need to remove the mounting mechanism on the board, you just move the clips of the cooler onto each side and then twist the latch to lock it in position. Something akin to this;
View: https://youtu.be/2cMlpWBB_P0?t=111

same motion of mounting(not the same cooler though).
Once I removed the stock cooler the backplate fell down I wanna know are they just the screws of the brackets that hold the backplate or I forgot to do something

Last edited: