[SOLVED] Am5 now to 5950x

Speedy_H05

Great
Nov 16, 2020
Hey guys I’m building my new rig and just ordered my 5950x but supposedly am5 is around the corner I am gonna be streaming and gaming/ content creation what do you guys think is the move

Solution
Personally I think AM5 coming is the least of your worries. Due to Covid and shipping issues, NAND issues, miners, and issues with everyone overall, costs of parts is just dumb right now. PSUs that should cost $60ish are $100. GPUs, if you can even find one, are 2 or even 3 times their MSRP, There are rumors that the prices will be messed up for another 12-24 mo. Now is a horrible time to build.

4745454b

Titan
Personally I think AM5 coming is the least of your worries. Due to Covid and shipping issues, NAND issues, miners, and issues with everyone overall, costs of parts is just dumb right now. PSUs that should cost $60ish are $100. GPUs, if you can even find one, are 2 or even 3 times their MSRP, There are rumors that the prices will be messed up for another 12-24 mo. Now is a horrible time to build.

Solution
If by 'right around corner', you mean 'early next year'...you'd be likely correct... :)

The 5800X and 5900X are both powerhouses right now...and will not suddenly be 'slow/inadequate' when something new releases finally 8 months from now....(5950X is just ridiculous core-count overkill save for content creators/editors, etc...)

Last edited: