News Amazon Announces Luna Game Streaming Service

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Being a Prime Member is a part of life now.
I've not seen anything yet about Prime being related to Luna? At least, not yet.

This is an interesting take - the channels, I mean. It kinda does make sense, because if say, you like Civ, there's a good chance you play other strategy games. However, what if you like playing broad variety of games, like me, and I think most people?

One thing that scares me is that they mentioned unlimited gameplay - implying that other channels won't......

Oh well. For now at least, this isn't going to directly affect me and most of us (although at some point it will, in some way).

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Wait, 'channels'? Like they are doing on Prime Video, where you pay for the subscription, and then pay extra to watch a 'channel'? What is this, cable TV all over again?

Well, corporations after money again, I guess...

Reactions: Shadowclash10

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
I've not seen anything yet about Prime being related to Luna? At least, not yet.

This is an interesting take - the channels, I mean. It kinda does make sense, because if say, you like Civ, there's a good chance you play other strategy games. However, what if you like playing broad variety of games, like me, and I think most people?

One thing that scares me is that they mentioned unlimited gameplay - implying that other channels won't......

Oh well. For now at least, this isn't going to directly affect me and most of us (although at some point it will, in some way).
There will be a prime incentive -- hopefully. When Twitch was bought by Amazon, it didn't have anything Prime-integrated for a few months. Luna-Prime benefits are probably still in the works but they won't market is just incase they decide not to.

Reactions: Shadowclash10

Shadowclash10

Prominent
May 3, 2020
There will be a prime incentive -- hopefully. When Twitch was bought by Amazon, it didn't have anything Prime-integrated for a few months. Luna-Prime benefits are probably still in the works but they won't market is just incase they decide not to.
And just because this is barely off the ground right now.

Reactions: EridanusSV