Review Amazon Basics CPU Cooler Review: Quiet Air Cooling for Mainstream Rigs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DSzymborski

Titan
Haha! Nice job, Albert!

I'd love to see how this one compares to the Vetroo V5 TBH, but it does seem like it's not a terrible buy; quite competitive in fact.

That fan though... The plastic used gives me the feeling it will crackle/break rather soon when exposed to heat. I wish you could test that theory, but it gives me that feeling. Maybe I'm wrong. In any case, it's easy to swap if it breaks or isn't enough.

Regards.

I'm not overly excited how the plastic looks either, but given how poorly plastic conducts electricity if your heatsink fan is getting very hot, you probably have a much bigger problem than a cheap fan!

I'm not overly excited how the plastic looks either, but given how poorly plastic conducts electricity if your heatsink fan is getting very hot, you probably have a much bigger problem than a cheap fan!
I meant that as part of circulating hot air and how well it would do with a year+ down the line. That plastic type cracks quite easily and if the fan vibrates, then it even becomes dangerous; specially in low humidity locations. That's why it strikes me as a weak point in the overall thingy.

Regards.

Reactions: artk2219