News Amazon Italy Reveals AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT, Ryzen 5 3600XT Pricing and Release Date

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

joeblowsmynose

Distinguished
Like arguing with a flat earther. You make up a false statement as if it is fact for the basis of your argument, then when you get called out on it, the obfuscation begins.

Is Zen3 coming this year or not? You first indicated that "maybe Zen3 isn't "just around the corner" - I proved AMD's official stance is that its launching this year. Which in relationship to new launches is "just around the corner" ...

What the hell are you even going on about here besides just looking for anything weird to grasp at to insult me? What a weirdo ...

joeblowsmynose

Distinguished
It can "launch" this year and not have any real availability until several months later. It could even pull an Intel when it announced that Cannon Lake was shipping... as a two cores product with disabled IGP to select system integrators for use in embedded applications only.

That's possible, but also not relevant to the fact that Zen2 still competes well with 10th gen, and Intel is launching nothing else between now and zen3 launch.

InvalidError

Titan
That's possible, but also not relevant to the fact that Zen2 still competes well with 10th gen, and Intel is launching nothing else between now and zen3 launch.
Rocket Lake may also launch late this year. The latest rumors say it will use a modified Willow Cove, so the clock frequency penalty from moving up in core complexity may not be as bad as it was for Sunny Cove on Intel's broken 10nm(+).

joeblowsmynose

Distinguished
Rocket Lake may also launch late this year. The latest rumors say it will use a modified Willow Cove, so the clock frequency penalty from moving up in core complexity may not be as bad as it was for Sunny Cove on Intel's broken 10nm(+).

Latest rumours saying that Rocket lake won't be in 2020.

Sunny cove (at least on 10nm) seems like its not worth putting too much more effort into, so it would make sense to me to quickly try to move on, and learn from that. A modified Willow Cove would seem like the natural progression.

2021 will definitely be a more interesting year for Intel. I think people are just getting tired of Intel not trying anything "new", despite the fact that their performance is still competitive with Ryzen. Not that Intel isn't trying, just that "lady luck" hasn't been on their side for a few years.

joeblowsmynose

Distinguished
Intel tried plenty of new things, that's why there is Sunny Cove, Willow Cove, Golden Cove, Ocean Cove and possibly more in the pipeline. Only problem is that Intel's 10nm still isn't quite up to par yet and effectively got scrapped as far as mainstream is concerned.

Yeah that's what I was saying, they were still trying things, but the long extended 14nm node usage comes across to many people as being complacent and not trying. There was some complacency before Ryzen launched, but obviously trying new things takes time ....

Cableaddict

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2014
Do we have any definite info regarding the FClk? A few months ago, TOMs said there was a rumor that these "refresh" chips would also run their FClk's at around 2,000 MHz or more. And that's without pushing them. An extra 100 GHz of cpu speed is meaningless, but being able to possibly run the FCLk and ram at 2,200 / 4,400 is a BIG deal, given the Ryzen IF architecture.

Last edited: