Amazon Smartphone: First Design Images Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Looks kind of like an Optimus G or Nexus 4. Iphone? Not so much.
That was my exact, it resembles the Nexus 4 very much. I love the fell and design of my N4, so this was a good design idea. (In My Opinion at least)

lp231

Splendid
Back in the old days, when it comes to designing a phone, you really have to put some artistic effort to make it look nice and such. Like Nokia, Motorola, and Sony Ericsson was different from one another. Sadly those days are long gone. Now all we get is a flat rectangle with a piece of glass on top.

largg

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Back in the old days, when it comes to designing a phone, you really have to put some artistic effort to make it look nice and such. Like Nokia, Motorola, and Sony Ericsson was different from one another. Sadly those days are long gone. Now all we get is a flat rectangle with a piece of glass on top.

Can't even find a decent slider for Android now. I don't understand why everyone is putting out slates, especially when Android is built for customization.

I would love to have the original Palm Pre, but in a 4.5 inch size with Moto X hardware inside.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Looks kind of like an Optimus G or Nexus 4. Iphone? Not so much.
My thoughts exactly. I have no problem with the O G or N4 design, but this device does look a gen behind, as sleek as those phones were.

But I would never. ever. use amazon's OS on my phone. We had the original Kindle Fire, and then the KFHD, and I couldn't fathom using their OS for anything that was not recreational use (and truth be told, even for recreational use, I don't like amazon's tablet OS). This is coming from a household that has amazon prime, watches streaming Prime content, uses amazon mp3, etc. I hate amazon's OS UI, and unless I'm the world's most unlucky user, I've had nothing but problems with the device stability.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

i dont have a phone, nor do i want a cellphone, however, in parts most companies charger 3-4 times what a phone is worth.
i found out that most of the applications i want are cellphone exclusive because i wanted to stuff with my webcam... but no, apps aren't made for the pc that i want.

i also don't have the will to pay for a point and shoot because i have never dealt with one that was quality, and dont have the money for a dslr. so that leaves me with a cellphone that will most likely have an android root.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

I don't understand what use this brings as a camera. And the OS won't be stock android, it will be FireOS. I'm not one to suggest Apple devices, but if you don't need cell service and want camera, you might as well buy a 5th gen iPod touch if you need camera apps on a mobile device but don't have/want a cell phone. And if the price rumors are true, and this phone does sell for around $200, you can find a much better point-and-shoot at that price. You can find a Canon S95 for less than that, and I guarantee you no phone camera can hold a flame to it in terms of quality.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

i have never dealt with a point and shoot that i was satisfied with, and because its amazon, i should be able to root it, at least i believe that the kindle can be rooted, so i would at least be able to use apps from other marketplaces, combine that with a good enough camera and i have a package i'm at least interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS