Question Amazon Used GPU offers

Corgoi

Great
Apr 12, 2019
Do you guys trust these offers on Amazon? They're really tempting but prices are so low that I'm not sire about it

I'm talking about Rtx 2070&2080 or Gtx 1080 & 1080 ti's for 450 euros or lower

And as if those weren't crazy enough there are also offers like: 1080 ti for 404 euros or evga hybrid 1080 watercooled for 330 euros

So those used products are pretty much twice maybe even triple the value.. And since Amazon has such a big amount of products I don't think there is anyway to check if those gpus are good (in the description of most of them it sais 'like new' tho)

So whay do you guys think? Is it worth buying? Has anybody got a crazily-priced
used gpu from Amazon?

Agreed. And buying used is usually a waste anyhow because unless the person you purchase from is willing to give you all the original purchase information including invoice and receipt, you are not going to have any warranty whatsoever. Manufacturers do not pass on/extend warranties to third party buyers.

Spend your money on a card that comes with a full warranty, otherwise, it's a huge potential waste of your hard earned dollars if something goes wrong, and it goes wrong OFTEN when it comes to graphics cards.

Corgoi

Great
Apr 12, 2019
Yeah I don't trust them neither but when you can barely fit the cheapest rtx 2060 in your build a water cooled 1080 ti for the same price is soooooooooo tempting :/

We've seen this HUNDREDS of times over the last year. It goes from tempting to "I feel sick" when people realize that almost all these cards were used in mining rigs and are worthless now because they've either been abused, ridden to the point of uselessness or been modified for mining, making them mostly worthless for gaming.

Nobody, or at least very few people, are going to sell a 1080 TI for the price of a 2060. Not unless there is a problem with it. If you buy it, and there's a problem or it just doesn't work, you're going to be really pissed, and honestly, it will be your own fault. I would not buy ANY used graphics card from ANYBODY that I didn't know well enough that I would feel fine inviting them to Christmas dinner at my mother's house.

Even a 50 dollar card.

Last edited:
There are scams on eBay, but only if you fall for them. Purchase from a reputable seller and don't forget there's the eBay money back guarantee. Even if sellers don't accept returns, that simply means they don't want the card back. If there's anything wrong with it the eBay money back guarantee will refund your money.
I purchased a GTX 1080 TI used for a great price off of eBay and it was from a reputable seller with a lot of good feedback. I'm glad I did it.

There are scams on eBay, but only if you fall for them. Purchase from a reputable seller and don't forget there's the eBay money back guarantee. Even if sellers don't accept returns, that simply means they don't want the card back. If there's anything wrong with it the eBay money back guarantee will refund your money.
I purchased a GTX 1080 TI used for a great price off of eBay and it was from a reputable seller with a lot of good feedback. I'm glad I did it.

That's great, and it CAN happen that way, but there are PLENTY of people who have been scammed via Ebay. And if it's a hijacked account, Ebay isn't going to be giving you anything except a "sorry". I've seen quite a few other people in my shop and on here, who have bought Ebay cards, and they were fakes, but they "worked", and Ebay refused to do anything because they had some note or mention about it being fake. Either way, just because you got lucky once doesn't account for the hundreds of people, or more, who didn't have the same experience.

Not to mention cards that work, but have had the BIOS crippled and can't use them for gaming. Some of these cards never perform "right" again even after being flashed back to the proper versions. If they were used for mining, all bets are off. Still won't get a refund because the card is still actually functional. Not worth the risk AND you STILL won't have any warranty in 99% of cases even if the card does work right when you first get it so if it fails one week later, you are SH(! out of luck.