AMD’s Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Driver Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dikyashi

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
not criticizing or anything but you might want to put whats fixed in the box as well.The Post as it is now with only issue boxes gives a bad feeling to the user about AMD cards

Actually that's all there is in the patch... it only added support for the mining version of those cards, the bugs that were introduced in the previous patch remain hence they've been mentioned.

Dikyashi

Reputable
Aug 15, 2016
Iam not sure if this is whats fixed but here it is.

Fixed Issues
Some displays may experience corruption when using HDMI® scaling.
Battlefield™1 may experience stuttering in Multi GPU mode with 4K display resolutions when using DirectX®11.
HDR colors may appear incorrect in Mass Effect™: Andromeda on the latest Windows®10 Creators Edition update.
Some incorrect or unavailable feature descriptions may appear in Radeon Settings under the more/less help section.
Radeon RX 550 series graphics products may experience a hard hang when the user's system has not been rebooted for long periods of time.
Reboot prompt may be missing after Radeon Software installation on AMD XConnect™ technology system configurations.

I think this is the new fixed note as the old driver only contained support for so and so game.

Interesting, AMD's driver installed flawlessly for my R9 390, yet nVidia still hasn't fixed their driver install issues, so i haven't updated my laptops 1060 drivers in months...so much for AMD having the bad drivers, nVidia has known about this issues for months now.

Where are all the laptops with AMD discrete GPU's? I only bought this laptop due to lack of options...

G

It is interesting that XBOX DVR crap can conflict with Radeon ReLive. In order to fix this i suggest to uninstall XBOX app through powershell. Whether you use ReLive or not that crap should be removed anyway.

Druidsmark

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
I'm still stuck on 17.4.4 for Radeon drivers cause AMD is still having problems getting these newer driver releases to install on my A10 7800. So even AMD is having problems with drivers installing properly on some computers. By the way these are not the greatest drivers as they don't work great with a lot of games, I just know that there quite a bit newer then what Asus has to offer for my computer. If any one knows of a better driver version for A10 7800's let me know?

If you do a manual search on AMD's website, 17.4.4 is the latest for that APU. The 17.1.1 compatibility list does not list any APU's, so that is probably why. Not really "stuck" on them, they just haven't released a new driver for your part yet.

I didn't say AMD drivers are perfect, but right now....they a better than nVidia's.

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
"May cause corruption when recording Microsoft Office programs."

Man, Twitch must be getting desperate if they're covering Excel. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.