[SOLVED] AMD 3900X processor

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Just getting the computer up and running. Installed Windows 10, up dated the RTX 2080 ti overclock. Do I need to check for any updates or soft ware for the AMD? Is there any kind of down load for monitoring the temperatures and or fan speeds? Thanks

Solution
No, went to their website and looked under processors, 3900X, did not see anything? Checked under chipsets and did not list 3900X, but did list 390 and 390x, is that what I should I be looking at? The mother board is an ASRock X570 Creator. Getting this worked out, the next question will be about checking the mother board. Thank you so very much.

ASRock website should have a downloads/utilities section. In there should be a list of downloads for your specific motherboard. These will include your chipset (X570) and any other devices such as LAN, audio and storage specific utilities. Also may have things like monitoring programs and any relevant BIOS updates.

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
No, went to their website and looked under processors, 3900X, did not see anything? Checked under chipsets and did not list 3900X, but did list 390 and 390x, is that what I should I be looking at? The mother board is an ASRock X570 Creator. Getting this worked out, the next question will be about checking the mother board. Thank you so very much.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018

ASRock website should have a downloads/utilities section. In there should be a list of downloads for your specific motherboard. These will include your chipset (X570) and any other devices such as LAN, audio and storage specific utilities. Also may have things like monitoring programs and any relevant BIOS updates.

Solution

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Thank you Garrett, when I click your AMD link looks like there are no updates for the 3900X?
Went to ASRock website and searched X570 there were many updates, use all of them or just pick which looks like I will need for my setup? There is a bios update, but stated only do with any malfunctions. Do bios update or leave well enough alone? One reason might need to do a bios update is a few months ago when the x57 0 was fairly new needed to contact ASRock as to compatible ramm, got steered in the right direction for that, and the tech let me know that I most probably would need to do a bios update for the mother board?
I know just enough to be dangerous, so all the input from all of you is needed! thanks

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Thank you Garrett, when I click your AMD link looks like there are no updates for the 3900X?
Went to ASRock website and searched X570 there were many updates, use all of them or just pick which looks like I will need for my setup? There is a bios update, but stated only do with any malfunctions. Do bios update or leave well enough alone? One reason might need to do a bios update is a few months ago when the x57 0 was fairly new needed to contact ASRock as to compatible ramm, got steered in the right direction for that, and the tech let me know that I most probably would need to do a bios update for the mother board?
I know just enough to be dangerous, so all the input from all of you is needed! thanks

Your CPU is NOT your chipset. There will be NO updates for your CPU. The Chipset is part of the motherboard and is referenced by the X570 nomenclature.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Creator/index.asp#Download

Here is a link to your SPECIFIC board's downloads and utilities. Download the ones that you need.

Reactions: kurdtnz

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Thank you, looked at your asrock link, some of the items I am not familiar with, but do have 3.0 thunderbolt connectors on case, AMD raid utility, will have some storage configured in raid, motherboard utility, etc., will down load those and few others. One is Norton, don't think I want that one so will not down load? I am on a different computer, give me a moment and will go to new computer and try to down load a few.

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Went to asrock started with the first down load, AMD all in one VGA driver. Down loaded, a window popped up showing the folder, only thing I could see to do was to "extract all", did that then another window popped up again showing the folder, tried to click on it, changed to blue, but nothing happened. Am I missing some software to extract, open, or complete installation?

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Went to asrock started with the first down load, AMD all in one VGA driver. Down loaded, a window popped up showing the folder, only thing I could see to do was to "extract all", did that then another window popped up again showing the folder, tried to click on it, changed to blue, but nothing happened. Am I missing some software to extract, open, or complete installation?

When you "extract all" a folder with the extracted files should open. In there will be an installer (.msi usually). Double click on that and it will start the install process.
Things like Norton or add on utilities you don't need, CORRECT CHIPSET DRIVERS you DO need.

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Give me a few minutes to play, then need to run some errands. Is there a permitted way and ok by you to communicate with either my cell phone text number, or messenger greigm78? It saves me from running to and from my back workshop and upstairs each time. If not I understand. Thanks, will talk a bit later today.

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
If anyone around, and thanks again to freigm78, pushed extract all, only another window opened with the same folder but can only click on folder to see contents, no way to install do not see .msi
Thanks

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
If anyone around, and thanks again to freigm78, pushed extract all, only another window opened with the same folder but can only click on folder to see contents, no way to install do not see .msi
Thanks

Post a screenshot of what you are seeing. It makes no sense that the zip would be an empty package.

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Don't have any email installed in computer yet. Just graphics card and cpuid installed. I can try to attach some photos I took from my cell phone, and narrate them.
I don't see the attachment button anywhere

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Tried a couple other ASRock down loads and it let me run one of them, that one allowed me to "run" instead of "saving" to download files? Perhaps some of the extra items are already installed, or not allowed? Thanks, if I can attach a picture of the possible down loads you might be able to tell me which ones ok to use and which ones are not?

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Probably should have asked this earlier, does your system have a CD/DVD drive? If so, you can install the drivers from the CD supplied with the motherboard. They will likely be out of date but can always be updated once they are installed.
Windows will have probably installed a suitable generic audio and LAN/WiFi driver but IMO, its important that you make sure your chipset driver is the correct one and from the manufacturer. This saves a lot of issues down the line.

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
These new cases have no room for a dvd drive, but have an external one and can use the cd later today, on the ASRock website I think they show two or three types of lan/wifi, install all of them?
Might you know which software to use to control the cpu cooler and case fans? The case if Cougar Gaming with four of their fans, and the cpu cooler is water cooled with the Cougar Helor cooler. They all have rgb led's which is controlled by their remote which I like, but do they have the software to monitor and control cooling, or use the ASRock motherboard, or RTX 2080 ti graphics card? Thanks
Can I attach one photo of the download selections from ASRock if you can tell me how to attach a photo on here.

trl

Honorable
Jun 1, 2015
Thanks all got bios updated for motherboard. Updated graphics card, no updates for amd 3900x, got memory up to 3200 seems stable, so far so good. Thanks so far.

TRENDING THREADS