AMD 6300FX Black .w M5A99fx pro r2.0

nathandug

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Im wondering if anyone has some advice on my specific setup. I want to overclock, but I want to do it right. Ive been reading some posts on the 6300fx but Ive been a little worried if I have proper settings and componenets,

AMD FX-6300

M5a99FX pro r2.0

16gb ddr3 ripsawz (8gb) and redline (8gb) @1866

antek 850gt psu (cant find exact name but its 850w)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost

Thermaltake water 2.0 Performer liquid cooler.

If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Im not looking to push it to the limit by any means, but would like to get 4Ghz if possible. Ive read about users getting between 4.5-4.8 but Im looking for more of an optimized setup if that makes sense.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

nathandug

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Thanks for the reassurance.
I can get it to 4ghz if I just change the multiplier from 17.5 to 19.0 but im sure its not as easy as that. I read a post saying to put my NB at 2000 and my HT at 2200 but it seems to run fine without. I haven't tested stability because I was told prime95 isn't for amd chips but I know that I can run crisis 3 at full spec without lag of any kind. Works beautifully but I never count my blessings.

Are there other settings I need to change or disable? This all seems to easy.

Thanks again for the reply

nathandug

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Im glad you think so, but Im really not sure what to do. I cannot seem to find a way to raise the MHz by 100 incrementally as previously stated. I can definitely change the multiplier, ht and nb levels. I have access to pretty much everything in the bios but have no idea what setting to change.

After looking through a lot of different articles I have noticed that for the most part overclocking is generally... well.. general. SO I figured someone out there would have a pretty simple guide on how to do this but obviously I haven't been convinced yet.

Ive been told to put the nb at 2000 and ht at 2200 when increasing the multiplier but that's what they are at when stock so I don't know.

Anyways if there is anyone with experience with my board or processor that can alleviate my concerns and possible point me in a direction, or even recommend a good guide I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks you very much.

nathandug

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Here is what I have got,

4.53ghz

disabled:
AMD APM
C1E
C6
Cool and quiet
Virtualization
Spread spectrum
and amd core boost

I set my HT and NB Voltage to 1.15 and 1.25 respectively. I changed my LLC to Ultra (2.7v).
My core voltage is 1.45v
My ram is set to DDR3 1866@1.5v DRAM
NB is at 2200 and Ht is at 2400

Ok so I run prime95 at full torture test and my temps never go over 59C. But after about 2 minutes core 5 (worker 5) stops with a fatal error. The test continues perfectly fine but only utilizes 88% (approx.) of the cpu.

Has anyone had just one core shut down? Ive read about the last 2 cores (5 and 6) shutting down but haven't found any info on just one shutting down.
Does anyone know what could cause this or how I could fix it?