Prominent
May 26, 2020
Hello, my system specs :
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
64 GB Ttiden Z 3600mt/s cl16
ASUS TUF Radeon RX 6800XT OC
Corsair RM1000x
(All EK Costume watercooled in a Lian Li o11 Dynamic EVO)
3 displays
Asus 27" 170hz 1440p (DP)
Aoc 16" 60hz 1080p (USB)
480p sensor panel (HDMI)

The issue is I keep getting random GPU driver timeout as often as 5 to 8 times a day... the DP and HDMI monitors freezes while the usb remains active and normal and have to restart the PC for it to work again. I tried everything in the books to try and troubleshoot it to no avail... I tried to ddu and re-install drivers, I removed monitors 1 by one to look for a culprit, u updated bios, I updated windows, I tried windows 10, windows 11 I even took some rams out to see... it just keep happening and it's frustrating me... I disabled usb monitor and removed display link drivers whatever you can think of I probably did it... is my GPU dying? (Don't have another one to test it out) please HELP

Hello, my system specs :
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
ASUS Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
64 GB Ttiden Z 3600mt/s cl16
ASUS TUF Radeon RX 6800XT OC
Corsair RM1000x
(All EK Costume watercooled in a Lian Li o11 Dynamic EVO)
3 displays
Asus 27" 170hz 1440p (DP)
Aoc 16" 60hz 1080p (USB)
480p sensor panel (HDMI)

The issue is I keep getting random GPU driver timeout as often as 5 to 8 times a day... the DP and HDMI monitors freezes while the usb remains active and normal and have to restart the PC for it to work again. I tried everything in the books to try and troubleshoot it to no avail... I tried to ddu and re-install drivers, I removed monitors 1 by one to look for a culprit, u updated bios, I updated windows, I tried windows 10, windows 11 I even took some rams out to see... it just keep happening and it's frustrating me... I disabled usb monitor and removed display link drivers whatever you can think of I probably did it... is my GPU dying? (Don't have another one to test it out) please HELP

I had a similar problem on my Ryzen based system - turned out it was nothing to do with the gpu. I resolved the issue by disabling C-States in the bios and haven't had a screen freeze since.

no0va.bhamade

Prominent
May 26, 2020
I had a similar problem on my Ryzen based system - turned out it was nothing to do with the gpu. I resolved the issue by disabling C-States in the bios and haven't had a screen freeze since.
thanks for the reply! i just tried disabling c states in bios but still nothing changed! i'm baffled at this moment because i tried everything and nothing is working so it must be a hardware failure...