Question AMD 6800XT Running Warzone 2 at 70-90fps max @1080p?

Dec 9, 2022
Good afternoon PC gurus and overlords. I need some help.

For reference, here are my specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x @ 4.3ghz
Radeon 6800XT
16GB(8x2) @ 3200mhz
B550 Pro-VDH Wifi

1080p @ 240hz Alienware monitor

I recently upgraded to the 6800xt from the 6600xt in hopes of reaching some really nice fps numbers on the usual games I play like MW2, Warzone 2, Destiny 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Overwatch 2, etc. And also to be able to run some AAA titles at 4k high frame rates if I wanted to.
In all the above mentioned games EXCEPT for CoD, I get a solid ~150fps on high settings (300+ in Overwatch), so that's rewarding. But for some inexplicable reason, I can't achieve better than a patchy 70-90fps with 50fps lows in Warzone 2/DMZ, or and equally patchy 100-130fps (varies with the map) in regular Multiplayer.

Here is a list of most of the things I've tried to do reach the more appropriate ~190fps I would expect with this honestly overkill setup at 1080p:

Restarted my computer (I'm in IT, this is mostly supposed to be a funny joke) several times over the course of this whole deal.
Lowered graphics (I play CoD on performance tuned graphics anyway) and double checked that they were low an ungodly amount of times.
Minimal background processes.
Plenty of free SSD space.
Overclocked CPU to 4.3ghz stable through Ryzen Master, then reset and did it again through BIOS because Ryzen Master makes me uncomfy. Point is, it's stable at 4.3.
Normal CPU (~70) and GPU (Not sure off the top of my head but haven't seen crazy numbers.) temps.
Reinstalled MW2.
Moved MW2 from my 2TB HDD to my NVME SSD.
Reseated RAM, applied new thermal paste and reseated CPU, reseated GPU.
Ran Windows updates.
Updated BIOS.
Updated AMD Drivers.
Downgraded AMD Drivers to "recommended 22.9. 1 drivers."
Fresh Windows reinstall (I was getting really desperate).
Upgraded to Windows 11 (unnecessary, but I was REALLY desperate, and now I kinda like windows 11).
Probably some more I'm not remembering.

Thank you for reading this far.
As you can imagine, it's been pretty frustrating to be only getting half, and sometimes less than half of the frame rates that I expected to get from this PC setup. But at this point, I'm at the end of my rope in dealing with it, and also at the end of my own personal knowledge about what else could possibly be the problem. Faulty components? CPU bottlenecking that I didn't think would be a problem? Buy a new motherboard? I consider myself tech-savvy - this is my first PC build - but I've maintained it and upgraded it throughout the past 2 years, so I don't generally feel helpless. I do now. I still consider myself an amateur in the scene, so please, if you have any thoughts, feed them to me like I'm still that bright-eyed kid who just built his first gaming PC and doesn't know the first thing about RAM speeds or overclocking a CPU. I'd be forever grateful to have some closure, if not a fix for this issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Include the age of the unit as well. As for your BIOS please add that for the sake of relevance. You state upgrading to Windows 11, was that internally done from Windows 10? If so, you're advised to perform a clean install of the OS using a bootable USB installer fabricated with Windows Media Creation Tools.

Please include the make and models of your storage drives. When you performed the driver install, did you let the OS download and install them for you? If so, you're advised to run DDU to remove all drivers that the OS might've brought on, then manually reinstall the latest drivers from AMD's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Dec 13, 2022
Good afternoon PC gurus and overlords. I need some help.

For reference, here are my specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x @ 4.3ghz
Radeon 6800XT
16GB(8x2) @ 3200mhz
B550 Pro-VDH Wifi

1080p @ 240hz Alienware monitor

I recently upgraded to the 6800xt from the 6600xt in hopes of reaching some really nice fps numbers on the usual games I play like MW2, Warzone 2, Destiny 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Overwatch 2, etc. And also to be able to run some AAA titles at 4k high frame rates if I wanted to.
In all the above mentioned games EXCEPT for CoD, I get a solid ~150fps on high settings (300+ in Overwatch), so that's rewarding. But for some inexplicable reason, I can't achieve better than a patchy 70-90fps with 50fps lows in Warzone 2/DMZ, or and equally patchy 100-130fps (varies with the map) in regular Multiplayer.

Here is a list of most of the things I've tried to do reach the more appropriate ~190fps I would expect with this honestly overkill setup at 1080p:

Restarted my computer (I'm in IT, this is mostly supposed to be a funny joke) several times over the course of this whole deal.
Lowered graphics (I play CoD on performance tuned graphics anyway) and double checked that they were low an ungodly amount of times.
Minimal background processes.
Plenty of free SSD space.
Overclocked CPU to 4.3ghz stable through Ryzen Master, then reset and did it again through BIOS because Ryzen Master makes me uncomfy. Point is, it's stable at 4.3.
Normal CPU (~70) and GPU (Not sure off the top of my head but haven't seen crazy numbers.) temps.
Reinstalled MW2.
Moved MW2 from my 2TB HDD to my NVME SSD.
Reseated RAM, applied new thermal paste and reseated CPU, reseated GPU.
Ran Windows updates.
Updated BIOS.
Updated AMD Drivers.
Downgraded AMD Drivers to "recommended 22.9. 1 drivers."
Fresh Windows reinstall (I was getting really desperate).
Upgraded to Windows 11 (unnecessary, but I was REALLY desperate, and now I kinda like windows 11).
Probably some more I'm not remembering.

Thank you for reading this far.
As you can imagine, it's been pretty frustrating to be only getting half, and sometimes less than half of the frame rates that I expected to get from this PC setup. But at this point, I'm at the end of my rope in dealing with it, and also at the end of my own personal knowledge about what else could possibly be the problem. Faulty components? CPU bottlenecking that I didn't think would be a problem? Buy a new motherboard? I consider myself tech-savvy - this is my first PC build - but I've maintained it and upgraded it throughout the past 2 years, so I don't generally feel helpless. I do now. I still consider myself an amateur in the scene, so please, if you have any thoughts, feed them to me like I'm still that bright-eyed kid who just built his first gaming PC and doesn't know the first thing about RAM speeds or overclocking a CPU. I'd be forever grateful to have some closure, if not a fix for this issue.

Hey there,

What is your FPS at Rohan Oil?
-> If that is around 100 you're just fine.
-> CPU is bottlenecking as most parts of the map are very cpu bounded

-> I do have a 5600X with CL14 3600MHz and also having drops to 100(CPU bottleneck) in for example Al Mazrah City (bank)
-> 5800X3D Can solve our problem ;)

Cheers