[SOLVED] AMD 7800XT Not Displaying to Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JClement01

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
I just helped my friend build his first PC. We built it at my house and it was working. When we took it back to his house and plugged it in, the monitor would stay black and say no display port signal. We've tried making sure everything is plugged in and used different ports. HDMI cable wouldn't work either. Tried every BIOS version as well. The GPU lights and fans turn on like it's working but still no signal. Not showing up in device manager either. It does work however, when we plug it into the motherboard and use the integrated graphics. I've tried so many solutions online to no avail. This is really stumping me.

SPECS
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
Motherboard: ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30
GPU: PowerColor Hellhound OC Radeon RX 7800 XT
Power Supply: Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W
Monitor: MSI G272QPF 27.0" 2560 x 1440

JClement01

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Lol. It’s like 1:30am here so I get it. Reseating the card, as in physically removing the 7800xt, then installing it back into place.

It may be that during the process of moving the pc that perhaps it worked loose very slightly just enough that the pins aren’t making full contact.
Misread it as reset sorry. Been up all night trying to fix this dang thing. But yeah we did.

Reactions: ohio_buckeye
Did you double check the power cables at the psu and the card as well?

Try a different power outlet just in case there’s any issue with the outlet at his house? Grasping at straws, but since you know it was working…You’d hate to return the card…. But if all else is working….

If it keeps acting up, it would be interesting to know if it still works at your house or if it persists.

JClement01

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Did you double check the power cables at the psu and the card as well?

Try a different power outlet just in case there’s any issue with the outlet at his house? Grasping at straws, but since you know it was working…You’d hate to return the card…. But if all else is working….

If it keeps acting up, it would be interesting to know if it still works at your house or if it persists.
Yeah we re-plugged basically every cable. Tried multiple outlets as well. I'm afraid we will have to return the card but I just don't see how it worked at first and also seemed to be on when it wasn't displaying. I was just hoping someone smarter than me would be able to figure this out.

Reactions: ohio_buckeye
The fact that it worked and doesn’t now is curious. As I said it would be interesting to know if it works at your place. The system is obviously working without the card. The only way to know though is try another card. If a new card doesn’t do it maybe something with the board?

Maybe check for bios updates on the board just in case.

Reactions: JClement01

JClement01

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
The fact that it worked and doesn’t now is curious. As I said it would be interesting to know if it works at your place. The system is obviously working without the card. The only way to know though is try another card. If a new card doesn’t do it maybe something with the board?

Maybe check for bios updates on the board just in case.
I could try bringing my gpu tomorrow and see if that works. I've tried updating the bios. Not sure what else it could be.

Usually if you've got 2 8 pins plugged in from the same cable, it should work ok. But that said, I've found that if I'm running a card that requires 2 or more 8 pin connectors, that I like to run both cables. Case in point, my 6800xt needs 3 8 pin connections so I run 2 cables and only have to daisy chain 1. Best practice would be split the load between both to be safe though. Glad you got it sorted out.

Reactions: JClement01
Status
Not open for further replies.