Question Amd 8350 aorus elite motherboard

Of course. If you do not already have the FX-8350, I would recommend you avoid it. It is an 8 year old CPU and it was not great even when it was brand new. There are MUCH better options. In fact, almost anything released in the last five years would be VASTLY better than ANYTHING from the FX family including, well, any CPU that starts with "FX"

Dec 13, 2020
Thanks it's actually worked for me for 6-7 years really well now my motherboard has broken . But my CPU still works great. But thanks is a 6 core ryzen as good as d 8350 ?

It's not about "cores". It's about the model of CPU you are talking about AND what generation it is. A "six core 1st Gen Ryzen" is not that much better, but some, than what you have now. A 3rd or 4th Gen Ryzen 3000 or 5000 series 6 core model, totally different story. They have MUCH higher single core and IPC performance. So you can't just say "Ryzen" or "Six core" and have that bring any meaning to the conversation because alone, it doesn't. You need to be SPECIFIC about what model, exactly, you are talking about.

Same goes for Intel. Specific model is always going to be key. There are six core Intel CPUs from their 8th, 9th and 10th generation families that are good, and some that are fairly weak. It depends on which one we are talking about no matter if it's AMD or Intel.

But yes, a good six core AMD or Intel CPU, from the last couple of generations, would be a very good upgrade from your old 8 core Piledriver CPU.

Reactions: SamirD