AMD A10-5800k Need help on this.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hmonghtt

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
My Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO came in today and I got it in there. It idles at 40-45. When I run or play League of Legends. It jumps to high 67-70. Should I redo my thermal paste/etc? Or is that normal?

Solution
@Hmonghtt, I got A10-7850K in my rig with the 212 Evo and it runs at 30 ish idling. I used the thermal paste that came with the cooler, so I'm pretty sure there was installation errors.
I would just try again since the thermal paste that came with the cooler can be used for at least 5 times (I've used 4 times already). Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, and once again, check the BIOS for the most accurate reading.
@Hmonghtt, I got A10-7850K in my rig with the 212 Evo and it runs at 30 ish idling. I used the thermal paste that came with the cooler, so I'm pretty sure there was installation errors.
I would just try again since the thermal paste that came with the cooler can be used for at least 5 times (I've used 4 times already). Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, and once again, check the BIOS for the most accurate reading.

Solution