[SOLVED] Amd a10 7870k graphich card best upgrade

Having gamed on an Athlon x4 760k it's sounds about right. The reason I wonder about it is because a graphics card can only help with fps if it's the integrated graphics holding back performance. If the CPU side of the APU is already at full capacity, a new graphics card won't help much to boost framerates.

Is there much of a framerate difference between highest graphical settings and lowest?

Nov 25, 2019
Having gamed on an Athlon x4 760k it's sounds about right. The reason I wonder about it is because a graphics card can only help with fps if it's the integrated graphics holding back performance. If the CPU side of the APU is already at full capacity, a new graphics card won't help much to boost framerates.

Is there much of a framerate difference between highest graphical settings and lowest?
Yeah, of course I do.
I get less fps on the high.
So you're telling me that no matter which card you buy, the fps won't increase?

As I mentioned it depends which part is limiting performance - the 'bottleneck' of the system (I don't like using the term as I think it's a bit misleading). I think of it this way: imagine the CPU and GPU are in a three-legged race. If the CPU is a lot faster than the GPU, then the GPU holds back the CPU from its full potential. True the other way around too. Ideally the CPU and GPU are balanced to get the most out of each other.

Sounds like there's a bit of headroom, so a graphics card upgrade might prove beneficial. Just be aware how much framerate increase you'll see has already been predetermined by the CPU you have.

Nov 25, 2019
As I mentioned it depends which part is limiting performance - the 'bottleneck' of the system (I don't like using the term as I think it's a bit misleading). I think of it this way: imagine the CPU and GPU are in a three-legged race. If the CPU is a lot faster than the GPU, then the GPU holds back the CPU from its full potential. True the other way around too. Ideally the CPU and GPU are balanced to get the most out of each other.

Sounds like there's a bit of headroom, so a graphics card upgrade might prove beneficial. Just be aware how much framerate increase you'll see has already been predetermined by the CPU you have.
Thank you for answering.
I hope I can get an FPS above 80 if I'm thinking of getting the Rx 570.

In the UK the RX 570 is currently a bargain graphics card. Can get around £150 (~€175), I think. And yes, you can always transfer a graphics card to a new PC.

One aspect that I should have asked: what resolution is your monitor? It makes a difference as to how many frames and pixels your PC are trying to render.

Nov 25, 2019
In the UK the RX 570 is currently a bargain graphics card. Can get around £150 (~€175), I think. And yes, you can always transfer a graphics card to a new PC.

One aspect that I should have asked: what resolution is your monitor? It makes a difference as to how many frames and pixels your PC are trying to render.
Highest resolution 1366v768 I don't know how many hertz my monitor gets right now.

FYI
TJtT5NZBWfCx56G2YLPCia-650-80.png