Amd A10 7890K + RX 580

Feb 9, 2019
I get a light black screen after updating my gpu.But my AMD 7850 is installed and get a screen. how can I solve this problem?

AMD 7850
HyperX Savage 2x8gb at 2400Mhz
XFX RX580 Black Edition 8gb

Thanks!

A bit oddly phrased. What do you mean by 'updating my gpu'? Is that installing a new graphics card? Or is it installing new drivers?

That you mention you get a screen with the A10-7890k suggests to me you're still connecting the display cable to the motherboard and not the graphics card. If so, you need to connect the display cable to the graphics card first. Some motherboards may require you to prioritise PCIe over the integrated graphics.

Strange. I can't quite recall whether those particular Corsair PSUs are good or not. I did suspect it was a PSU issue when you mention trying to run the games.

Have you got any hardware monitors like HWiNFO? Tentatively I would use it to take a look at the voltage readings of the power running through the motherboard. We'd be looking for a screen like this:

YIAWLh7.png

Grab a screenshot and post here. I would want to check whether the PSU is an issue first.

christopherjames

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013

You need to select the discrete gpu instead of the integrated graphics in the bios while connected to the onboard graphics connector. Then connect the display to your discrete gpu then reboot.