AMD Accuses Former Managers of Stealing Secrets for Nvidia

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lowla

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
ingtar33, iknowhowtofixit make very good points!

Any time you have someone appropriating information from a rival, by what-ever means, is a compliment in my book. If you felt your product was the best it could be then why want someone else's ideas etc.?

Have to concede that the exodus of that many high level employees with access to significant intel (no pun intended) on AMD's products & developments raises a red flag for me. I personally am very fond of AMD & nVidia products (like many users) have both products in use in one machine. Most times the complaints I do have relate to my lack of research and/or my bad choice of hardware combinations.

AMD has also put their 'Money Where Their Mouths Are' by putting up the $10,000 bond in case of false accusation. That sends a strong message to me that they are confident in their position. If it pans out to be true...shame on nVidia for being so brazen as to think they could violate standard business practices
in any real industry (tech included) signs nondisclosure and noncompetition agreements
&
I highly doubt they would be willing to slander former employees without some substantial proof.
to that degree and think it would go un-noticed! Not very bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.