AMD Announces Net Loss in the Third Quarter

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel gains, AMD loses. Sadly the trend continues...

What we need to do is attemp to reverse years of damage on AMD's reputation thanks to Intel's harmful marketing. Many of my tech-iliterate friends dislike AMD just because they do. They all think Intel runs better, when in reality it makes absolutely no tangible difference for the tech iliterates anyway.

gomi

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
AMD needs to advertise on the ground level because there are loads of people who buy Intel only and they don't care if it's a core solo cpu as long as it's intel.
As long as you don't need top performance AMD is a good deal but the average ignorant buyer needs to be aware that AMD also makes decent cpus.
I guess AMD just doesn't have the bucks to invest in advertising like Intel but they need to do something in order to win new customers.

tmc

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Oh yeah, AMD should tighten up the graphics card lineup... having too much variety of product out there is kind of what got ATI in trouble in the first place... 4000, 5000, 6000 series gpu processors available for sale for desktop & laptop systems. By this time next year.. any laptop or desktop in production should only have 5xxx, 6xxxx processors. Intel and Ncrapia won't have comparably priced dx-11 solutions for at least that long. However, that shouldn't make amd complascent that they won't get their act together and cut prices on newly developed dx-11 solutions to match or beat amd's lineup in 12 months.

Doom3klr

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Amd might be down in sales but at least there not crooks in sales like Intel ripping people a new one every time they slap there name on a desktop netbook or laptop.

whey

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
People are dumb they always go for Intel without even a little research. Why? because they have no brain, "Look at my gaming rig a I7 it has 4 cores plus another 4 with Hyper-threading thats 8 CORES OMG they rock for gaming", "Help me build a gaming rig with the I7 under $1000". LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.