Question AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Ichu

Honorable
May 20, 2014
Hi
Mine is AMD Athlon (tm) 64 3200+ 2.20 GHz processor, now I want to increase the speed of my machine, at present the motherboard supports only 2GB RAM.
Please suggest a solution.
Any motherboard available to upgrade, and the same should support new processor also, so that I could change the processor if I wish.
Regards

upgrading mainboard will mean also upgrading CPU and RAM
your cpu is dated, u wont get any better mainboard where u could "upgrade" your CPU just like that

its usualy done like this:
select CPU u want
look for compatible mainboard (based on your CPU selection)
look for compatible RAM modules (based on your CPU and mainboard selection)

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
AMD Athlon (tm) 64 3200+ is a socket 939 chip which is as dead as dead can get, there is nothing worth upgrading to and the chip itself is incompatible with AM2/AM2+/AM3 motherboards. Your only option is to upgrade everything, the question there is how much $$$ are you willing to spend. It's very easy to find CPU/RAM/Motherboard combos used for well under $150 that are light years faster than what you have.

Ichu

Honorable
May 20, 2014
upgrading mainboard will mean also upgrading CPU and RAM
your cpu is dated, u wont get any better mainboard where u could "upgrade" your CPU just like that

its usualy done like this:
select CPU u want
look for compatible mainboard (based on your CPU selection)
look for compatible RAM modules (based on your CPU and mainboard selection)
Thank you sir for your valuable suggestion, I'll go for upgrade of all.

Ichu

Honorable
May 20, 2014
AMD Athlon (tm) 64 3200+ is a socket 939 chip which is as dead as dead can get, there is nothing worth upgrading to and the chip itself is incompatible with AM2/AM2+/AM3 motherboards. Your only option is to upgrade everything, the question there is how much $$$ are you willing to spend. It's very easy to find CPU/RAM/Motherboard combos used for well under $150 that are light years faster than what you have.
Thank you sir for your valuable suggestion, I'll go for upgrade of all.