AMD Beta Drivers or WHQL ? why Nvidia WHQL drivers are horrible ?

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
hey guys . i know the difference between BETA & WHQL drivers . but there is somethin strange in NVIdia cards ( specialy on older cards ) . new drivers slow them down SO MUCH . i ran saintsrow the third with & without Nvidia Drivers on my bro's pc & the difference was atleast 40 FPS ! games work much better without any Nvidia WHQL driver installed . havent tried beta yet

Now my Question is About AMD drivers . which one to try ? Beta 13.6 ? or 13.4 WHQL ?

just wanna know if AMD has the same problem & if generaly beta Drivers run better than WHQL ones or no driver is better than both .

can someone explain WHY THE HELL DRIVER should slow the GameDown ? ( im talkin about Nvidia driver on older cards ) bcz i had no problem with AMD drivers !

I havent had any issues running Beta AMD drivers before, but thats just me, it could cause issues for you. Do it, if nothing bad happens then keep doing it until something does and then change to WHQL.

No idea why having drivers would lower performance, I'm inclined to think FRAPS or whatever you were using to monitor the FPS was glitching out since it would be expecting drivers to be there.

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
N ono i wasnt using FRAPS . i just ran the game it was SOOO SMOOTH after that i decided to install latest driver for 9600GT . then game started to slow down so much . no LAG but FPS droped soo MUCH .

removed it & game got back to what it was . i heard Nvidia's WHQL drivers are horrbile . nvidia users reported that they are using Beta drivers & it keeps them more satisfied .

& for AMD . i had no problem with both 13.4 WHQL & 13.6 BETA . they didnt slow my 6870 down at all