News AMD Breaks Share Price Record Five Days in a Row Following Its Stellar Quarter

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Just imagine what their quarter would have looked like if they actually had product to sell...

Well, they didn't turn those numbers by not selling anything...;) But I know what you mean, and it will be nice when GPU production returns to normal. Last few days the AMD Store US has been stocked with the big Zen 3 CPUs (all at MSRP) so it appears that the CPU shortage, anyway, is abating. The whole GPU shortage thing has been baffling.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Well, they didn't turn those numbers by not selling anything...;) But I know what you mean, and it will be nice when GPU production returns to normal. Last few days the AMD Store US has been stocked with the big Zen 3 CPUs (all at MSRP) so it appears that the CPU shortage, anyway, is abating. The whole GPU shortage thing has been baffling.

I think it can be summed up in one word "Mining"

hannibal

Distinguished
No it means that they make good result from cpus! They don`t make gpus because cpus produce more money to amd! Do you make gpus that gives very little income or do you make cpus that gives high income and sell like hotcakes! I think that amd djay done the right choise of putting more production capasity to cpus!

No it means that they make good result from cpus! They don`t make gpus because cpus produce more money to amd! Do you make gpus that gives very little income or do you make cpus that gives high income and sell like hotcakes! I think that amd djay done the right choise of putting more production capasity to cpus!
No you make APUs that take away wafers from both GPU and CPU and are being sold at almost cost because that's the only steady and guaranteed income.