AMD Bundling SimCity with its A8 and A10 APUs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
[citation][nom]10hellfire01[/nom]That's what I found odd. Of all games to give away, give the one that is currently the most controversial. I haven't played it so I can't say anything about it, but I'm surprised they didn't nab Bioshock Infinite.[/citation]
[citation][nom]shikamaru31789[/nom]They're already giving away Bioshock Infinite with their GPU's. Guess they didn't want to make people mad that were getting both an APU and a discrete graphics card by giving them 2 copies of Bioshock. So they got SimCity, which despite the controversy, has sold fairly well so far. Also, they probably wanted a game that could play well on an APU, SimCity's system requirements are low enough to play on decent settings, but alot of other recent AAA games would have only played on low at 720p on an APU.[/citation]
Ah okay. Haven't actually paid attention to what they're giving away--not in the market for a new GPU myself. I thought the latest game was Far Cry 3 that was in the bundle (again, incorrect on my behalf).

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]But by buying stuff legally, you don't have to worry about the FBI kicking down your door and taking all of your computers for an unspecified amount of time.[/citation]
That's a bit excessive. Unless you're pulling a "Kim DotCom", or "sharing" massive, massive, massive amounts of torrents, you'll just get the ISP hounding you. (Why am I seeing so many FBI comments now? :s)

unionoob

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Looks like AMD is aiming for casual gaming market. with such bundles they might actually reach it and to be honest real money is in Casual market and not in hardcore.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
please help me with this what does this a8 and a10 jaragon mean im getting another radeon 7850 is that one of the gpu's listed? I don't know all the jargon

a10 and a8 are amd apus(processors with integrated gpu), not gfx cards. amd's gfx cards have radeon brand e.g. amd radeon hd 7850 and apus' brands are amd a10-5800k.

there is nothing about radeon hd 7850 in this article.
for the bundle promotion(gfx cards), check amd's website for details.

royalcrown

Distinguished
Trafficin Sim City came to a halt today as The new A10 freeway buckled under the load. At least 7 injuries were reported in a massive 1 and 0 pileup. One engineer went so far as to say that AMD knew the A10 was not capable of handling the traffic, and that that the city council was being cheap.

garrick

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
My 7850 came bundled with Shogun 2 and sleeping dogs but they both require Steam to play. Pretty sweet deal though even though those are two titles I am not that interested in.

[citation][nom]royalcrown[/nom]Trafficin Sim City came to a halt today as The new A10 freeway buckled under the load. At least 7 injuries were reported in a massive 1 and 0 pileup. One engineer went so far as to say that AMD knew the A10 was not capable of handling the traffic, and that that the city council was being cheap.[/citation]

Har Har

Status
Not open for further replies.