AMD CCC: Failed to load detection driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustav Borg

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
When I try to install AMD CCC all I get is a warning message that is telling me that it "Failed to load detection driver".. What am I doing wrong here?

Solution
The CCC includes the drivers for the graphics card. There is a note on the CCC download page that indicates the following message:

Before installing this driver, please ensure you have uninstalled the previous driver using the Add/Remove programs option in the Control Panel and also deleted the installation folder for the previous driver. This folder can be found at the following locations:

C:/AMD/support/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql
or
C:/AMD/support/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-32-dd-ccc-whql

I would probably run display driver uninstaller found here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,9.html

and then delete the old...
Well, since you don't say whether your OS is 32 or 64 bit and what version of the CCC you are trying to install is, I'm going to make a few assumptions and please correct me if any of them are wrong.

Assuming that's a Sapphire card, they only have 32 bit drivers listed on their website, but more importantly they are all windows 7 drivers which are not going to be compatible with the Windows driver model platform used in Windows 8.1. You need to use the CCC version 14.4 or the newer 14.7 beta drivers they've had available for quite some time now, found here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

Let me know if that works and whether you have 32 or 64 bit Windows, what actual brand your graphics card is, as in the model number, not the series. What version of CCC you are trying to install.

Gustav Borg

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Sorry, I have 64 bit windows and I have a Sapphire graphics card. The model is AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series.

Gustav Borg

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

I did install the 14.4 version and later on the 14.7 version, when installed i tried to run the program but then it "couldn't load the detection driver". I'm not sure if I ever installed any driver for the graphics card.

The CCC includes the drivers for the graphics card. There is a note on the CCC download page that indicates the following message:

Before installing this driver, please ensure you have uninstalled the previous driver using the Add/Remove programs option in the Control Panel and also deleted the installation folder for the previous driver. This folder can be found at the following locations:

C:/AMD/support/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql
or
C:/AMD/support/14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-32-dd-ccc-whql

I would probably run display driver uninstaller found here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,9.html

and then delete the old folder as outlined in the note above, then reinstall the CCC 14.4 package.

Solution

Gustav Borg

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Thank you very much, everyting is working perfectly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.