[SOLVED] AMD Chipset driver update Please help!

nTudor

Commendable
Mar 16, 2020
Hello guys,
I have a problem, last night I've installed the amd chipset driver to benefit the power balance mode but after the installation, windows won't boot, the system goes automatically to bios and gets stuck there. I'm not able to see my ssd anymore.

Specs:
Seasonic PRIME ULTRA, 80+ Gold, 550 W
ASRock B450 PRO4
SSD ADATA XPG Gammix S5 256GB PCI Express x4 M.2 2280
SSD Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SATA-III 2.5 inch
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz box
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X 8GB GDDR6 256-bit

Is there anything I could do to get my system running again? Thank you very much!

Solution
That is litrally the only thing I did, updating chipset driver. How do I reset CMOS? By the way this is a brand new system.

LE: Someone told me that I should update the BIOS to its latest version. Now it's 3.60. What's your thoughts on that?
To reset CMOS/BIOS you need to short 2 pins marked CLRCMOS2 which is at bottom right of MB. Power has to be right off at that time.
Which disk are do you have windows on ?
M.2 NVME drives are usually "invisible" in BIOS unless UEFI partition is active on it and will display in BOOT order only as "Windows UEFI boot on Such and such drive".
Hello guys,
I have a problem, last night I've installed the amd chipset driver to benefit the power balance mode but after the installation, windows won't boot, the system goes automatically to bios and gets stuck there. I'm not able to see my ssd anymore.

Specs:
Seasonic PRIME ULTRA, 80+ Gold, 550 W
ASRock B450 PRO4
SSD ADATA XPG Gammix S5 256GB PCI Express x4 M.2 2280
SSD Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SATA-III 2.5 inch
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz box
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X 8GB GDDR6 256-bit

Is there anything I could do to get my system running again? Thank you very much!
Can you enter BIOS setup ?

nTudor

Commendable
Mar 16, 2020
Updating chipset drivers couldn't do that in any way. Try to reset CMOS first.
That is litrally the only thing I did, updating chipset driver. How do I reset CMOS? By the way this is a brand new system.

LE: Someone told me that I should update the BIOS to its latest version. Now it's 3.60. What's your thoughts on that?

LE2: Okay. I don't know what just happened but last night I was trying to restart the PC and couldn't get the windows to boot. Powered off the computer. Just now I turned ON the PC and everything is fine, windows loaded. Can you please explain to me what just happened? I had to turn off the pc in order for windows to load? Why the restart didnt solve the problem? Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

To reset CMOS/BIOS you need to short 2 pins marked CLRCMOS2 which is at bottom right of MB. Power has to be right off at that time.
Which disk are do you have windows on ?
M.2 NVME drives are usually "invisible" in BIOS unless UEFI partition is active on it and will display in BOOT order only as "Windows UEFI boot on Such and such drive".

Solution