Question AMD Chipset Drivers - MSI B450 Tomahawk

Warmuro

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2014
I have MSI B450 Tomahawk with 7C02v1D (latest) bios installed.
I'm trying to install the latest chipset drivers from official AMD website but i get this error :

"This installer is intended to be deployed only on AMD system. Exiting installation as the requirement is not satisfied."

However, i can install the chipset drivers from the official MSI website with no issues.
I tried a previous driver from the official AMD website and i had the same issue. This new driver and previous driver fail to install, i don't know why.

Anybody can inform me about what's going on ?

(I turn off every anti-virus software just to be sure, no luck. There's a strange thing though, when i turn on Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool to protect my system, the software detects AMD installer as Trojan.Win32.generic, the same thing happens for the previous AMD chipset driver btw.)

Warmuro

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2014
MSI released a new chipset driver.
Version : 2.05.04.352
Date : 2020-06-16

And i'm having the same issue with this new driver, this one is not installing, same error. Also, previous chipset driver from MSI has its own, bigger file size it had. This one is only 48mb, just like AMD Website Chipset driver.

I know it's not a big deal but still, even a driver installation is giving a headache and it shouldn't be such a problem to make it work.