Question AMD Chipset Drivers

kgnimbus

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
I have, rightly or wrongly, installed the latestAMD chipset drivers - v1.8.19.0915 - on my AMD x470. All went well, loaded successfully, but Device manager still shows original Win 10 driver. If the driver has loaded correctly why doesn't Device manager update its information?

kgnimbus

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
sYes, Windows 10 is bang up to date as regards its own updates. As far as I can see the AMD update is only about a couple of weeks old - certainly became available August 2019. But, will check re MS driver updates.
The confusion I have is why would it report AMD drivers successfully installed and not show it - normally I would expect a label saying the driver you are trying to install is older than the current one in place.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Some driver packages contain more than 1 driver so maybe some of it did install and some didn't

you could download driverview - all it does is looks at running drivers
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
when you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list much shorter

if you want, take a screenshot showing driver name and the creation date field and I can see what it thinks is installed
upload screenshot to a file sharing website and show link here