Question AMD Chipset Vulnerability Leaks?

Hi all I have a question about AMD Chipset Vulnerability Leaks Passwords, Patch Available | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

my CPU is AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT on a x570 board

if I look in the device manager I do not see Security devices.
Do you have PSP and theTPM disabled in BIOS? It can be strange to find...in my Asus board I had to enable Trusted Computing and then select the fTPM since I don't have a discrete TPM module.

It might be best to update to the latest BIOS for your board as many mfr's are getting ready for Windows 11 with updates that enable security by default. Also update to latest AMD chipset drivers, which that article is about, to patch the vulnerability.

Last edited:

n9mfk9

Honorable
Sep 6, 2016
And your system drive (the one with the OS on it) may need converting to GPT.
what I have to done

changed Windows installed in UEFI mode (CSM disabled)? to uefi boot good as soon as secure boot enabled no boot

SQIUH35.png

Reactions: CountMike
Security researcher Kyriakos Economou, co-founder of ZeroPeril, announced the exploit as part of a coordinated disclosure – he exploited the vulnerability as a non-administrator to download several gigabytes of sensitive data from AMD platforms.
Yah...but chipset drivers have been updated since then to fix the vulnerability right?

So probably a good idea for all to install the latest updates. Especially those who're prone to give random people physical access to their personal devices even if with non-admin accounts.