AMD Ditches Close-To-Metal, Focuses On DX11 And OpenCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Excelent news. Ati Streaming was great, but too low level to do...whatever your tried. Cuda C++ was basically just #include the dam libraries and off you go.

Im happy too see ati turning Directx11 (lets see how can MS f4ck this up) and especially openCL. That would even open more doors on multi-OSes. Although "close-to-metal" might show better results on practice, coding in it, is just bonkers and time consuming.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
Kudos to AMD, they really seem to be bringing out good products lately and listening to their customers. I suppose thats what you get when an engineer is running the company.

G

what is this APU AMD is working on for 1Q '09? Is it fusion or something different?

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I am also intrigued by an APU. Is it AMDs answer to below performance processors? A processor thats been specialized for a certain task like gaming?

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]OpenCL is like an open source Cuda(easy to use programming language for running apps on video cards). OpenGL is for games.[/citation]
I know wtf openCL is.AMD=ATi.God,it's not that hard,they're the same company..BTW,Direct-X 11 has NOTHING to do with graphics..GJ morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.