Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
Specs:
RX 570 4GB RED DRAGON
RYZEN 3 3100
16 GB OF RAM @3200Mhz (8x2)
2TB OF STORAGE HDD
256GB SSD

I used to play assassin creed origin without problem for 1 hours straight but as I progress through the map and other places, my game suddenly freeze in specific locations (a lot of them near quest objective) and it crashed the game causing an error message to appear that says your driver time out. I tried using DDU to reinstall to the newest driver but nothing seems to work because the problem still occur. Now, on my AMD DRIVER menu says that my GPU AND CPU doesn't meet any game requirement specs and it even says that RX 6900 is not enough to run all of the game that I have installed. Any tips and help?

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
That PSU isn't a quality unit. Hopefully it hasn't damaged your other hardware. Get a quality PSU, 550w or more. Corsair CX550m/650m, or even CXF, TXM, or RMx, Seasonic Focus/Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro.
Are you saying that my GPU is physically damaged because of this PSU and causing driver timeout for this specific game?

Specs:
RX 570 4GB RED DRAGON
RYZEN 3 3100
16 GB OF RAM @3200Mhz (8x2)
2TB OF STORAGE HDD
256GB SSD

I used to play assassin creed origin without problem for 1 hours straight but as I progress through the map and other places, my game suddenly freeze in specific locations (a lot of them near quest objective) and it crashed the game causing an error message to appear that says your driver time out. I tried using DDU to reinstall to the newest driver but nothing seems to work because the problem still occur. Now, on my AMD DRIVER menu says that my GPU AND CPU doesn't meet any game requirement specs and it even says that RX 6900 is not enough to run all of the game that I have installed. Any tips and help?

I was getting frequent driver time-outs with the latest Radeon drivers on my 5700XT too. What I wound up doing was to uninstall the drivers and clean up with DDU, then re-install using the DIVER ONLY option. That won't install Radeon Settings and a few other things.

If you weren't using Radeon Settings then you won't notice it's absence. But I was using it for overclocking and fan control so now I using MSI's Afterburner package to control overclocks and fans and it works much better for that and all the Driver Time-out crashes are eliminated.

Even better yet the frequent GPU FAHCore crashes I'd see while running Folding@Home have also ceased. I only do that with an under-clock and under-volt since it doesn't hurt performance in FAH and can only reduce degradation of these costly GPU's. It made no sense to me why the GPU should suddenly be unstable where it wasn't previously. This all makes me think it's not the drivers per se but Radeon Settings that's the problem. I'm glad AMD put the drivers-only option back in the installation utility.

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Are you saying that my GPU is physically damaged because of this PSU and causing driver timeout for this specific game?
Explore other areas before considering a new PSU. I've seen many here recommending a new PSU out of the box because X unit is not a quality unit without considering simpler steps. I'm not saying they're wrong, but that shouldn't be the first step in evey case.

Try what @alceryes recommended. Also do a regular PC dust off, it could help. Check your temps; your GPU could be running a little on the hot side.

I don't know if you checked in other forums, but here some people provided recommendations that became solutions to some.

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
The error you receive could be a faulty GPU as well.
Download and loop Unigine Valley benchmark for an hour plus. Any artifacts or same crash?
I haven't tried this because I just opened up the forum again. I don't know if this count but after that problem occurs while playing Assassin Creed Origins, I played lighter games for 2 hours or so like Valorant and I try to play MHW for an hour or so and I have not gotten any error messages such as driver's timeout or even any GPU artifacts/Crashes. I'm assuming that for some reason Assassin Creed Origin conflicting with the driver or even the AMD software?

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
I was getting frequent driver time-outs with the latest Radeon drivers on my 5700XT too. What I wound up doing was to uninstall the drivers and clean up with DDU, then re-install using the DIVER ONLY option. That won't install Radeon Settings and a few other things.

If you weren't using Radeon Settings then you won't notice it's absence. But I was using it for overclocking and fan control so now I using MSI's Afterburner package to control overclocks and fans and it works much better for that and all the Driver Time-out crashes are eliminated.

Even better yet the frequent GPU FAHCore crashes I'd see while running Folding@Home have also ceased. I only do that with an under-clock and under-volt since it doesn't hurt performance in FAH and can only reduce degradation of these costly GPU's. It made no sense to me why the GPU should suddenly be unstable where it wasn't previously. This all makes me think it's not the drivers per se but Radeon Settings that's the problem. I'm glad AMD put the drivers-only option back in the installation utility.
Thank you for the reply! I will try this too later if it still occur since I just made a new save for my Assassin Creed game. I proceed to the same place where the crash occur on the last save and it did not crash.

Fakhri2020

Prominent
Jul 6, 2020
Explore other areas before considering a new PSU. I've seen many here recommending a new PSU out of the box because X unit is not a quality unit without considering simpler steps. I'm not saying they're wrong, but that shouldn't be the first step in evey case.

Try what @alceryes recommended. Also do a regular PC dust off, it could help. Check your temps; your GPU could be running a little on the hot side.

I don't know if you checked in other forums, but here some people provided recommendations that became solutions to some.
That what I was thinking since I already have this PSU for 9 months or so and it haven't cause any physical damage to any of my parts while hard gaming or rendering cinema 4D, Adobe AE etc. I clean my pc with dust blowing machine every couple of months. My temps seems to be find according to average temps of RX570 4GB while gaming and I even have 2 monitors plugged in. The only concern I have is that, while I use two monitors at the same time, my GPU VRAM seems to be maxed out @ 1750 Mhz all the time. I don't know if this also an AMD Software fault or something but in any way, it doesn't affect game performance. I also try fixing this with updating or DDUing my GPU driver but nothing seems to work. Some people in the past forum I have posted said that because you need to render more for 2 monitor that it is causing the high VRAM speed. Well that is a different topic but thank you for your reply and I hope you also have a possible solution to that specific problem.