[SOLVED] AMD driver timeout problem ?

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I have a driver timout issue in csgo only gpu is not overheating, neither i over clocked it, i have i7 870, r9 380 msi 4gb 8gb 1333mhz and 400w psu it started happening like 3 times a day and i cant fix it and it annoys me, my game freezes, than it unfreeze and i see transparent csgo (i see desktop but i have game controls) i blindly leave game alt f4 and restart and it works again...

Solution
The PSU needs to be replaced yesterday. It was giving you issues as expected, the 380 has recommendation of 550w. It's almost certain a bad and unreliable model since there are almost none good 400w units and if it's as old as the rest of your main system(1st gen i7) then it has 100% degraded even more from age and might have affected any other hardware, including the GPU.

Start by swapping it with a new one with recommendations found in the first post here:

Use DDU in safe mode to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers. It might fix your issue if it was not completely power related or if it's not a dying GPU...
The PSU needs to be replaced yesterday. It was giving you issues as expected, the 380 has recommendation of 550w. It's almost certain a bad and unreliable model since there are almost none good 400w units and if it's as old as the rest of your main system(1st gen i7) then it has 100% degraded even more from age and might have affected any other hardware, including the GPU.

Start by swapping it with a new one with recommendations found in the first post here:

Use DDU in safe mode to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers. It might fix your issue if it was not completely power related or if it's not a dying GPU.

Solution