Question AMD DRIVERS ISSUE - Error 182

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datpokeballs

Commendable
Jun 6, 2020
Hi everyone! Thing is, I have 2 monitors, the main one is connected to the RTX 2060 and the other one was plugged in to the motherboard working with the R5 5600g integrated graphics. I was working on davinci resolve but the audio was coming out the speakers and not the headphones and this mademe notice that I had a lot of audio devices showing up in my audio settings. Most of these didn¿t correspond with the actual physical devices I had plugged in, so I started to deactivate and unistall the drivers of these "ghost" devices to get rid of them, some were named "hd audio" "steam streaming device"... "AMD HD Audio" or stuff like that. The second monitor, was not connected at that moment. After having deleted these audio drivers, the second monitor wouldn't start when plugged into the motherboard. It works when it is connected to the RTX 2060, but not in the motherboard so I figured it would be an AMD drivers problem related to the audio drivers I just uninstalled. I tried to DDU the amd drivers and reinstall, thinking that a clear install of AMD drivers could solve it, but I couldn't reinstall, Adrenalin software installer shows a message that says that it is not possible to install since and incompatible AMD graphics device has been detected (Error 182). I would appreciate any ideas on this matter, thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Datpokeballs

Commendable
Jun 6, 2020
Hi! Thanks for your answer, I already downloaded and tried to install R5 5600g graphics, but error 182 shows up (incompatible device). I tried the autodetect tool but it just install the chipset controllers. The problem is precisely that I'm not able to reinstall AMD graphic drivers.

Last edited:

Datpokeballs

Commendable
Jun 6, 2020
I did bro, thanks, seems solved now. What you said sent me in the right direction:
  • I booted the pc ONLY with the monitor plugged to the motherboard. It started in low resolution so it seems to have forced the integrated graphics (my next idea was to force them through the bios)
  • After booting the PC like described above, I restarted with both monitors and both worked. I gave a try to install graphic drivers and no issues were there this time.

Conclussion: seems like the integrated graphics got deactivated and had to be forced by the BIOS or the mentioned method so the drivers could be reinstalled.
Thanks for all your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS