AMD Dual Graphics Analysis: Better Benchmarks; Same Experience?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjc1017

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
Can someone please explain how I should set my laptop in relation to post-processing? I have a second generation i7 with a gt555m card. So, does post-processing tax the cpu or the gpu and how should I set it?

sanilmahambre

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2012
Am having a notebook with A10 and a 7670m and except crysis 3 all games work smoothly on it.
AMD has surely contributed a lot towards low and mid range gaming with DUAL GRAPHICS

supere989

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I feel really bad for AMD in the CPU Market. They try, and try and...try....try... Its actually kind of embarrassing that I used to be a fan of AMD Back in the days of the ATHLON....when it was ground breaking architecture. It smashed Intel Chips of the time. Now the Bargain Basement Intel Core i3 is more than enough computational power to run a discreet graphics card even for some of the more intense games.

What makes this even worse is that Intel Integrated GPU power is actually gaining performance. It will not be long before buying a System with Intel will be a no-brainer for just about any application you throw at it.

I am still running an Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 with a AMD Radeon 7970 OC. It performs better than the A10 in any configuration. $55 Cpu, $385 GPU. Price to performance and Upgrade road path. And Im using DDR3 1600.

Sorry AMD, you guys need to change businesses. Like Digital Currency ASIC Processing.

Red_Frog

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2005
I'm an AMD fan and just imagining JefferyD90 raging over page 9 gives me wood. Humanoids like that give AMD enthusiasts a poor reputation.

andre_888

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
I have a setup using the A10-5800k and a 6670 DDR3. Without Dual-Graphics some games were ok, but sluggish at 1080 with some eye candy : Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Need for Speed Most Wanted. Often I would be sure to have the logo on the top of the screen to make sure that Dual Graphics is enabled.

Experience with Dual-Graphics is much better than either just the 7660D or just the 6670 DDR3. Ironically, my system's RAM is clocked higher than my video card's.

Status
Not open for further replies.