AMD Employee Steals Intel Secrets

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
i never looked at what AMD put out on anything. The only market AMD wasnt over 50% in was servers. everything else (yes AMD makes chips for more then just personal computers) they were over 50%

G

"everything else (yes AMD makes chips for more then just personal computers) they were over 50%"

Folks are just making stuff up now... this is madness. So you think Gartner and iSuppli, who do marketshare for a business, are wrong and you are right?

You guys are quoting the #'s AMD spoonfed to investors several years ago which represent only US retail (brick and mortar) sales. It ignored online sales (like Dell) and any corporate purchases. It ignore ALL sales outside of the US (which is more than 60% of all CPU sales).

AMD NEVER had substantial share in mobile and in desktop outside of US brick and mortar stores it also was probably around 30% at it's high. Someone, anyone provide a link for your ridiculous claims. I'm hoping it is one of those AMD analysts day graphs where it is asterisked with "US Retail sales"

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
like i said never seen a amd projection on anything... Besides i dont know if it was the US market or world market.. I personaly dont really care about the world market i live here. so for all i know it could have been either or.

[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]AMD would of had 52% market share, if Intel didn't use underhanded tactics to keep AMD from gaining a foothold with the Athlons. They were far superior CPUs compared to P4s.[/citation]

and what? AMD did gain a large foot hold with the athlon they made tons of freaking money. The problem AMD had was AMD got lazy and thought the athlon would be all they needed to keep making money and never made a new revolutionary cpu again. Maybe if AMD would have got off its lazy ass and kept trying to make new cpus instead of saying well intel cant touch us yet why make anything new till they can.. They would have a nice intel compeating cpu if not beating right now.they wasted about5 years and now they are paying for thier lazyness.

Status
Not open for further replies.