Question AMD Eyefinity missing options

Feb 8, 2023
As some people know we have AMD Eyefinity for multiples monitors and I was using it some years and it was working fine, but I switch my older RX and bought a new ultra super good card which is RX 7800 XT and I'm crying now and my soul is in a deepest hollow, because in Eyefinity work only this one option:

• Fill — Fills the entire area of each display with its own portion of the desktop. Depending on the resolution being used, this may cause the desktop to appear stretched on some of the displays.
The other two:

• Fit — Shows the entire desktop across all displays without cropping or stretching the desktop. This may cause certain areas of the displays to appear blank.
  • Expand — Resizes the Desktop to the height of the tallest display. This may lead to portions of the Desktop, including the Windows® Start menu and taskbar to appear cropped or missing on some of the displays.
Are not working. And what I can do. I'll just resend this card to shop if I have no Fit option anymore. Without this card not suitable for use

Any ideas how to fix it? Give me at least a hope so I can not throw this card to trash

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 8, 2023
Do you have the most recent drivers from AMD installed?

Also, are the drivers for your displays installed, or just the Windows "plug and play" drivers?
I have a newest drivers. AMD Eyefinity also is working, but in Layout Mode only Fill is available and when I start it my middle monitor is stretched and i have a pop up "suggested resolution 1920x1080... It's so annoying. Maybe I just buy a new cables and I'll try to switch order, because 2 monitors are plugged for HDMI and this 1 (middle) for DisplayPort. (In old card was 2 HDMI and 1 DVI) But I promise it was working fine until I bought new card... Mid was 1920x1080 and both left & right with different resolution was stretched, but in panorama it doesn't matter. Now middle monitor have small resolution while left & right have normal (smaller)

Monitors I haved:
1 mid 1920x1080
2 same 1280x1024

Before 4480 x 1024
1920 + 1280 + 1280 = 4480 and 1024

Now 3840 x 1024
1280 + 1280 + 1280 = 3840 and 1024

Mine problem is that middle monitor is streaching while he should stay normal, adding resolution and giving result and thats why I need
  • Fit — Shows the entire desktop across all displays without cropping or stretching the desktop. This may cause certain areas of the displays to appear blank.
Instead of:
  • Fill — Fills the entire area of each display with its own portion of the desktop. Depending on the resolution being used, this may cause the desktop to appear stretched on some of the displays.
But it's no working. Please help

Last edited: