AMD FirePro V9800 Has Eyefinity 6, Costs $3,499

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I bet there are plenty of people out there who would feel that 6 monitors would go great with the rest of their office decor...

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]really...6 monitors...no one can afford 6 monitors (high quality)...such a waste[/citation]Dude, this is not particularly intended for home use, but rather in studios. THERE they can afford 6 good monitors. That would be the least of their costs.

silentq

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]disposition rate[/nom]4GB of GDDR5. If only that were the norm. now...[/citation]

5 more years and your dream will probably come true...

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]really...6 monitors...no one can afford 6 monitors (high quality)...such a waste[/citation]

O'RLY?

Not everyone is as poor as you, most CORPORATIONS are not.

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
I thought this being a tech website, people would have realized by now that:

A) this is meant for professional applications, not gaming
B) it is actually, on the hardware level, very similar to current home-user cards. The difference is mainly in the drivers which are geared towards 3D rendering rather then frame building
C) professional use products carry a higher price tag as a) the customers are much more price insensitive and
b) a whole lot more work goes into part B.

Now, with all that in mind, if I were a 3d graphics designer, this thing would just about make me be willing to take a pay-cut just to get it in my work-station.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I think it would be great for a large display setup, but for rendering I think nvidia's quadro 6000 is still the way to go by a long shot.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]really...6 monitors...no one can afford 6 monitors (high quality)...such a waste[/citation]
Right.. Because someone willing to spend $3500 on a professional video card would never be willing to spend a few more dollars on 6 monitors.

soky602

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]But - can it play Double Dragon?[/citation]
pretty sure it can make Double Dragon

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]cronik93[/nom]They might as well make one big ass monitor.[/citation]

That is pretty much what eyefinity is all about lol

This is cool and all....but a week ago they did a shootout showing that a quadro version of GTX 460 CRUSHED a FirePro version of a 5870.....I would just wait for nvidias rebuttle

DrInfested

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010

I own 3, not really that expensive.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]O'RLY?Not everyone is as poor as you, most CORPORATIONS are not.[/citation]

Not being able to own 6 high quality monitors doesn't classify someone as "poor".

That being said, many corporations that would be willing to purchase a $3,500 graphics card would definitely be able to afford a 6 monitor setup.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Anyone who can spend $3500 on this card can def afford 6 good monitors, since these are high powered workstation cards and not gaming cards. These cards are for work not for play.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]eyemaster[/nom]They don't all need 6 monitors, they might just buy 3, 4 or 5 monitors...[/citation]
...or four cards and 24 monitors. Video wall on the cheap!

G

@nevertell

and then you can spend the rest of your productive life recovering from system crashes. No serious professional would used hacked or overclocked hardware, if you cant afford the hardware then you get a loan, if you can't make the money back on the hardware outlay to payback the loan then you got no rights to be in business

Status
Not open for further replies.