News AMD Fixes 27 Issues With Radeon Adrenalin 20.1.1 Driver

gblack

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
It's horrible if you have a 5700 XT. Most games would crash within 5 minutes. Some requiring a hard reset, others with the game aborting and the graphics driver having to be restarted by windows. This wasn't the black screen they talk about either - on the crashes requiring a reset the Num Lock key on the keyboard would no longer respond. I rolled back to the latest stable drivers and haven't crashed again so far.

joeblowsmynose

Distinguished
The only issue I have had is when I set a custom fan curve, the fans spin to 100% intermittently then back down again. It looks like they aren't even acknowledging this issue - but I know Steve from GN was also making a bit of a stink about it.

I'm not complaining too hard though, a customer fan curve is a bit of a luxury item.

It's horrible if you have a 5700 XT. Most games would crash within 5 minutes. Some requiring a hard reset, others with the game aborting and the graphics driver having to be restarted by windows. This wasn't the black screen they talk about either - on the crashes requiring a reset the Num Lock key on the keyboard would no longer respond. I rolled back to the latest stable drivers and haven't crashed again so far.

Sounds more like you have a GPU problem. I've had zero issues with Radeon drivers for a long time...then again im still on Vega so maybe Navi is the issue.

Jan 14, 2020
Same issue on RX 5700 XT. I have already 20.1.1 driver and now can't even play games. Monitor shutting down and weird noise from the system block.