[SOLVED] AMD Freesync refresh rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2021
Hello guys,

I have recently purchased a RX 6800 XT (from powercolor) and a Freesync premium compatible monitor Gigabyte M27Q. I am having issues with making Freesync work consistently.
In some games Freesync works when the game is in Fullscreen mode, while in other games it works only in Windowed mode.

When it doesn't work, the Monitor defaults to 60Hz. It is set from windows to 144Hz. And AMD Freesync is activated both on the Monitor and the Radeon Software.

Examples:
Battlefield 5 - works only in Fullscreen mode (and not in Borderless mode).
Mafia Definitive edition, works only in Windowed mode (and not in Fullscreen mode).
Cyberpunk 2077 works fine in both Modes.
And yes "V-sync" is off.

What could be the issue? Maybe it is some option within Radeon Software I have not activated?
I have not had any AMD products since 2010 :)

Thank you in advance.
BYXEOi8.png

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021
Strange. Looking for Mafia specifically, fullscreen optimisation was the fix.

Does Mafia have a Hz setting ya might've missed?

No it does not have any Hz settings. And i actually like playing in Borderless, so in Mafia it works out that at least Freesync is active in Borderless mode.

But the bottom line is that Freesync is not consistent. Some games prefer Fullscreen. Some Borderless. And if we are talking old games, lets say, Fable 3, that one only has "Windowed" mode. With the border 🤢

None of the fixes work for that one for example. In Fullscreen mode its stuck at 60Hz and i have massive screen tare. Guess you could say: "well disable Freesync just for this game", well that's another problem :)
For this specific title, Fable 3, the optimizations are so out of date and bad, that i rarely have 144FPS :D, so then it screen tares as well.

Guess I have to live with the finicky state of the famous AMD software's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.