AMD: Fusion Makes Sense For Next-Gen Consoles

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecpc2000

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
2015 for the next generation console? By then hardware would have evolved way beyond what we have now. Who knows what would be the best platform by then. My best guess? Console as we know it today will be dead! Most likely we'll be using portable PC instead of Consoles. Consoles are an assortment of crappy PC computer parts which many people just give away or sell for peanuts. Pads/Tables are portable PC, eventually ARMS maybe even x86 will power the future Portable PC. We'll be able to take the Portable PC with us, dock it or directly connect it to our TV/monitors. We'll play games on the run and at home plus browse the Internet watch movies and much more. This is why I feel Consoles as we know it today will be dead! I bet that even current PC gamers would rather have that arrangement than the current old hand me down assortment of PC parts we now call a console. With portable PC we'll choose the hardware we best can afford and the brand. Even if I'm totally wrong, tell me you would not rather have this kind of arrangement than the current situation of tied-me-down Console? The year 2015 sounds like a plausible goal for the new first generation of Gaming Portable PC. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.