AMD FX-6300 Build

ziggszaggs

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Hello everyone, my brother recommended this website for me.

I recently built a "Gaming PC" not even one week ago, here are it's components:
CPU - AMD FX-6300
GPU - Gigabyte GTX 750ti dual fan
Motherboard - MSI 970A-G43
PSU - Scan.co.uk (Own brand) 500W
RAM - 16GB
HDD - 1TB

Hopefully this is all the information you require.

I started playing CS:GO on this computer on medium settings for pretty much everything, but only get on average 40-80FPS when in game, whereas i have seen people with even worse builds, like a friend of mine, who run it on 150-200FPS on high settings...

The same for League of Legends, medium-low settings, and i still only get roughly 60-110FPS whereas others appear to be getting 200+

I have installed all the drivers for the motherboard and the graphics card, but still no difference.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Solution
As TerryLaze says, your CPU is at fault. The FX-6300 is already 4 years old and was not a very good gaming CPU even in 2012. Unfortunately, there's not you can do about it, short of replacing it. When you're eventually ready to for an upgrade, a Core i3 would be a solid improvement and runs about $120, but you'd need to replace your motherboard with an Intel compatible one too (~$44), and probably your RAM as well.
As TerryLaze says, your CPU is at fault. The FX-6300 is already 4 years old and was not a very good gaming CPU even in 2012. Unfortunately, there's not you can do about it, short of replacing it. When you're eventually ready to for an upgrade, a Core i3 would be a solid improvement and runs about $120, but you'd need to replace your motherboard with an Intel compatible one too (~$44), and probably your RAM as well.

Solution