Question Amd Fx 6300 overheating on start.

Jan 8, 2022
Cpu Amd fx 6300
Mobo Asus m5a78l-m lx3
RAM kingstons 1866mhz (8gbx2)
Cpu fan deep cool ice edge mini ver 2
Psu 600 watt powerstation tru rated
Ssd Adata sp550

Hi everyone, i recently bought an AMD FX 6300 cpu and an Asus m5a78l-m lx3 as its' motherboard (with latest Bios version 1401). After the pc assembly I ran into an issue where the Cpu starts overheating just a few minutes (3 to 5 mins), the Pc automatically shutsdown. I checked every possible causes from compatibility, bios, fan, Rams, PSU and all seems fine. Bios indicated the cpu is going as hot as 78 degrees and onwards.
I could surely need help how to fix this. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you using the stock CPU cooler? On a side note, what OS are you working with? If you migrated the OS from an older platform and didn't reinstall the OS, then now's the time to reinstall your OS.

Jan 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you using the stock CPU cooler? On a side note, what OS are you working with? If you migrated the OS from an older platform and didn't reinstall the OS, then now's the time to reinstall your OS.
Hi, im using windows 10 and no, i didnt migrate from an older OS. Im using Deep cool ice edge mini ver 2.
I doubt its my cpu fan, because the cpu temp shot up that high in a few minutes. Something is causing it to go overdrive.