AMD fx 6300

emperorpaul

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hello,
I have been organizing the components for a custom PC I plan to order and make. I currently am considering an AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core due to it's decent price range and its decent reviews. However I still am finding that intel gets better reviews in gaming, so I wanted to ask you guys this: Is there an intel CPU that is better than the fx-6300 in gaming, but not all that expensive? For those who want to see my build refer to this link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BJR2
Thank you :)

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
For gaming, unless you've got CrossfireX or SLI going, you'll be GPU bottlenecked most likely anyway. What I'm trying to say is that absent SLI/CrossfireX being a factor there is no REAL compelling reason, for a gamer, to go Intel rather than AMD.

Now if you're slip-streaming (broadcasting live gameplay over the web) then you might actually benefit from the AMDs extra cores though by how much will greatly depend on the load the CPU is currently under while gaming.

If you're doing Office/Productivity work, Multimedia (Video/Audio) Encoding/Decoding, 3D Rendering (Ray Tracing) and other heavy computational loads then Intel is most definitely the way to go.

Why? Because Intel CPUs ARE faster than AMD CPUs on a per core basis (much faster tbh).

twelve25

Distinguished
8320 is only $150 at tigerdirect today. Might be the way to go why that deal lasts. It's identical to an fx-6300 except you get two more cores. Admittedly it won't help a ton with gaming, but I'd have a hard time passing up the extra cores at that price.