AMD FX-8350 for gaming?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriox

Honorable
May 23, 2017
Should I get the FX-8350 8 Core Black edition for gaming? I wan't to play games like Arma 3 and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, I currently have the FX-4300 overclocked from 3.8Ghz to 4.4Ghz and run Arma 3 on like 25-30 fps and Battleground on like 30-50 fps, drops down to 10fps when bombs drop, btw grapphics card is gtx 750ti, planning to upgrade soon though, and yes i know if i get the FX-8350 it will bottleneck with the GTX 750ti

Thanks guys! <3

Solution

Yes you should and no it won't.

For anybody else? No you should not buy any FX processor. On the AMD side of the aisle the Ryzen is a much better choice right now.

bignastyid

Titan
Traditionally you'd be right about the lower end Pentiums being poor gaming options but the G4560(and it high clocked brethren) is a new beast. It's a dual core with hyperthreading like the i3's and it games very well especially for its low price.

With your budget an i5 or Ryzen 5 system is just out of reach and imho an i3 doesn't offer enough of a performance jump over the G4560 to justify the extra cost so I'd go with the G4560 build. Next upgrade would be the GPU.

Eriox

Honorable
May 23, 2017

Ohri, yeah, i get what you mean, the budget is too low, i'm going to maybe even go higher, depends on a few things, I just really want to get to play PlayerUnknows Battlegrounds with higher framerates and also Arma 3, Thank you for answeing my questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.