[SOLVED] AMD FX-8350 suddenly underclocked

KIHA

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
Hello everyone,
Recently I found out that my AMD FX-8350 wasn't working at usual 4.0GHz, but rather at 3.4GHz. I have it for a year now and it started doing this just a week ago.
I was never messing with the processor's speed, never overclocked it, nor underclocked it, I don't even know how it's done.
At first I thought the problem was temperature, but seeing it work below 40°C made me doubt that thought.
Then I thought maybe it's just lowering it's speed to use less power while it's doing nothing, so I launched a game that makes my PC sweat (exaggerating it), but CPU's speed didn't change.
I searched the whole Internet, I even went to the second page of Google, and found nothing even similar to my problem.
I also want to mention that I'm using Argus Monitor to keep my CPU cool and trough it that I found out the CPU is underclocked.
Please help however you can!

KIHA

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
try to working with windows power plan , set the processor minimum state to 100
I can't believe that it actually worked. At first I thought of checking on this, but for some reason I didn't.
I also found out that maximum state was at 98 and minimum was at 97. I remember that I was doing something with windows power plan and I left the states at those percentages, not even thinking that it would underclock the CPU.
Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS