AMD FX Case Sticker

G

Hi everyone

I recently changed cases for my pc because I needed a better heatsink for my AMD FX-6200 than I could run at the time. It was an mATX cube case so it was impossible. When I tried to move the sticker from one case to another, it obviously didnt stick as well as it did the first time. It had been straightened before on my old case so it looked bad anyway, but the corners dont go down.

Is it possible to get a replacement from AMD? I found my receipt so I have proof of purchase if they need it.

Thanks

svengeguttensen

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Hi everyone

I recently changed cases for my pc because I needed a better heatsink for my AMD FX-6200 than I could run at the time. It was an mATX cube case so it was impossible. When I tried to move the sticker from one case to another, it obviously didnt stick as well as it did the first time. It had been straightened before on my old case so it looked bad anyway, but the corners dont go down.

Is it possible to get a replacement from AMD? I found my receipt so I have proof of purchase if they need it.

Thanks

It couldn't hurt emailing their customer service and asking them.

G

Thanks for you help guys

Ive sent an email, but I don't expect and email until Monday.

That sticker on eBay was the Athlon FX. Im looking for the new style FX from the bulldozer and piledriver CPUs.

G

is it normal that i cant find any of these ones im looking for on ebay, considering the age of the CPU range?

bound to be some one on this forum got one sitting in a drawer

i have just about every sticker that ever came with my hardware in a drawer somewhere

from motherboards,graphics cards,psus etc

unfortunately using an intel cpu so dont have that one :(

otherwise you could have had it

G

do the free serial requests not get taken down though, since it is illegal.

Crackadamus

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
heres an image of what im looking for, should help everyone out a bit.

http://static.techspot.com/articles-info/452/images/amd-fx-logo2.jpg

I am amazed at how helpful everyone is on here, even for such an odd request as this.

Well, I know it's of no help but I'm fairly certain Intel will offer a replacement sticker provided you have proof of owning the chip.

At this point it probably wouldn't hurt to wait for AMD to reply to your query; I'd bet they have a similar policy.

G

i have receipt for a prebuilt mobo, ram and cpu bundle which included an AMD FX-6200.

G

confused is fine, offended, well it will be down before you can say ewwwwwww.

(I hope thats enough 'w's to allow me to take it down)

to get back on topic

looks like amd used to have a page to request free stickers

page is no longer there

but they used to send you not one sticker but a strip of 7

so your email may get you some free ones