News AMD Gaining Fast in Steam Hardware Survey

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
Early 2021 when I upgrade intel will lose another person to amd. Upgrading my i7 5820k.(6 core all core @ 4.6ghz stable to 5.3) to a 5900x.

My cpu has treated me very well... It was the "low end" i7 for it's Generation but I got an amazing chip because it's base clock is 3.3ghz and with a 240mm rad aio liquid cooler I can do an all core of 4.6ghz and a regular OC to 5.3ghz.

It's just been recent games that have just been too much for the cpu at 4k which is unfortunate but I wanted ryzen anyways I just wanted to wait for gen4 because of the new socket which would allow for 4 years of upgrades but...what can you do lol.

Also going to replace my 2080ti with a 6900xt(probably). I know nVidia has the edge in ray tracing performance and amd has no DLSS yet but I'm confident that they will soon.

Jun 25, 2021
Early 2021 when I upgrade intel will lose another person to amd. Upgrading my i7 5820k.(6 core all core @ 4.6ghz stable to 5.3) to a 5900x.

My cpu has treated me very well... It was the "low end" i7 for it's Generation but I got an amazing chip because it's base clock is 3.3ghz and with a 240mm rad aio liquid cooler I can do an all core of 4.6ghz and a regular OC to 5.3ghz.

It's just been recent games that have just been too much for the cpu at 4k which is unfortunate but I wanted ryzen anyways I just wanted to wait for gen4 because of the new socket which would allow for 4 years of upgrades but...what can you do lol. Walgreens Listens

Also going to replace my 2080ti with a 6900xt(probably). I know nVidia has the edge in ray tracing performance and amd has no DLSS yet but I'm confident that they will soon.

Thanks for the deeply technical information for the same.