AMD Gaming Evolved Client Updated with DVR

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxiide

Distinguished

I see your point, and I agree. But they literally copied GeForce Experience, like every single feature. It's a little ridiculous. GeForce experience sucks though and actually causes some games to crash, so at least they've done it right. I just don't think they should have copied the app and every single feature. It's like they're trying to be Nvidia.
Take a macro view of the situation, and Nvidia is just trying to be 3dfx.

That's the nature of this and every other industry: everything not patented sooner or later becomes a baseline feature. Someone had to copy someone else for their video cards to support Direct3D rendering in the first place.

Alex Kelly

Honorable

Yes, I know that's the nature of the industry. I just think they took it a little far with the game optimisation, twitch streaming support and 'shadow' gameplay recording and I'm surprised they did so as it's exactly what Nvidia did. I just didn't expect them to implement every feature that GeForce Experience has. I wish I could just remove all of these comments I made as they were just my own personal thoughts and they seem to be bothering a lot of people. Sigh.

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008

I R not stupid, thanks though.

I know it’s not a driver but the driver is not the only thing that can fix these types issues. After all these years you still have to monkey with stuff over and over again unless you play one game and never update your drivers after you get it working. It just always seems to be something. The dev don’t support that or oops that is broken in this driver. If the games is using DirectX and the card supports that same version of DirectX then there should be a default setting that just works. If you have crossfire, it should just work with any game and give you something say at least 10% frame rate bump. Many games it just don’t work, adds bugs or even slows the game down. Even big popular games have issue after issue. I finally tried Skyrim and what do you know it’s got random pausing every few seconds unless I add a command to one of the INI files. I tried the new Wolfenstein and you have to do something to the CCC to fix the really bad horizontal tearing and so on. Something about adaptive Vsync and again no crossfire support.

Alex Kelly

Honorable

Good advice. I should have been more careful with how I worded it.
Thank you :)

This is the internet after all. :p

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Regarding shadowplay and recording:
"Q: What is ShadowPlay?
A: NVIDIA GeForce ShadowPlay is a feature in GeForce Experience that lets you capture or stream high-quality in-game footage with minimal performance impact. ShadowPlay has four modes: Shadow Mode, Manual Mode, Shadow + Manual combined mode and and Twitch mode. Shadow Mode records up to the last 20 minutes of your game play. Manual mode lets you toggle recording on and off like a video recorder. Combined mode (default) lets you use both features at the same time. Twitch mode lets you stream to Twitch so others can watch your game."
"Q: How long can I record for?
A: On Windows 8, ShadowPlay can record up to 20 minutes of video in Shadow Mode. There is no recording limit in Manual Mode."

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/faq

You turn on manual and it records all the time right? You can toggle it anytime you want. I don't understand your comment "so you can't save a normally unrecorded moment". Turn it on in manual and it records every moment, so I'm confused (at least until your drive is full...LOL).

Thanks, now I know too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.