AMD Gaming Evolved, Raptor Service Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
It doesn't actually say they weren't salted. I'm so glad my password was a complex mess of random junk, I've replaced it with another mess of random junk now.

don't install it and theres no worries over things like this .. why would you want something like that to start with ?? I like how amd slips it into there driver package but theres nothing said in like there release notes or any infor for it ?? I had a thread on that sneaky spyware and what I found is once it got installed the uninstall part in the ccc is grayed out and shows it installed and up to date but never could find any file for it on the drive -- you can read on this also at amd forums

and also it seemed that with driver 14.1 I think it did not have a check box to decline it installing or grayed out for that also ... all I want is the cards driver not all the extra crapware along with it .. just like with a intel build you will still get all the amd chipset drivers ??? why

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=491&threadid=171870&highlight_key=y&keyword1=%20Gaming%20Evolved

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=443&threadid=182585&highlight_key=y&keyword1=%20Gaming%20Evolved

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Free points at least that gave me some free gems for Smite. Otherwise, I don't really find it that useful as their 'optimize' settings for games never seem quite right.

Some may like this type of program but for me it seems useless when you have Steam and Origin. Other than the integration of Twitch there is little difference between Raptr and the Old Xfire. Both Xfire and Raptr require a good chunk of system resources.

I had it sneek on to my PC with the first release of it in the AMD GPU drivers. Found it, removed it and paid attention from that time on for it being installed with newer drivers. This does not effect me :p nor any of the other hacks that have happened recently.

one thing I forgot to add to what I said above is I don't remember at any time there was a uela to read or to accept or decline ??? just install on you as is with out any terms so I assume that means you accept anything they want at any time ?????

ddt529

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Raptr software is awful. Caused Beyond Earth not to be able to be run in Mantle mode on my main rig. Turned out to be the AMD optimized setting that Raptr created. Once removed, everything works properly now.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Their optimizing settings are junk. They always choose lower settings than what my PC can handle. About the only thing good I can say about Raptor is you do get points for playing games, which can be redeemed for prizes and discounts on games and hardware.

HONDAMANRC51

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
yup its crap. just another piece of junk added onto catalyst, whats on there now like 45billion stupid malcrap programs to give you a super pretty bsod

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009

Why do you want a program to tell you what settings you should use? I don`t understand people complaining about this feature... it`s there only for the really noob users who have absolutely no clue about computers ... is not there for the enthusiast user. It`s the same like complaining about your PC coming with an user manual telling you where to plug your monitor... be reasonable guys. What we take for granted some users struggle to figure out.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Because it nags you constantly to use the optimized settings. Oh, and if you do change your settings by hand later on, it nags you again to change them back. Not to mention sometimes the settings completely break the game, forcing a re-install and possibly a registry clean to get the game to run again. Doesn't sound like much fun for a noob user, and frustrating still for those highly experienced.

If it's one of the main features they claim, it should be put under scrutiny when it doesn't work right.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009

Instead of being so think headed, next time pay a little bit of attention, there`s a check box that let`s you ignore the settings ...

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

K, guess you'll come to my computer shop and fix for free every computer that has came in due to the issues raptor has caused for the client? The average person, when they install software, don't bother checking settings like that; and you did say this setting was used for noob users. You might to think what you type before you troll someone.

I guess it gives me business at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS